Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jim

Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements Empty Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements

Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 am
To: Pamela Raymond
5/27/22
Re: Budget committee: Offer Ranked Choice Vote

Pam, I told you of my interest in being part of the budget committee on the day you made your presentation to the members. I remain interested in participating in the process.

I believe if the $850 is not accepted by the membership that it will be a clear statement that the members do not wish to raise their contributions in this economic climate; and we need to find a way to determine what they will approve.

I propose setting out four budgets with dues levels, and services delivered to be voted on in some form of ranked choice vote. Voters would select the highest tier they are willing to support. Thus a vote for tier 3 is a vote for anything up to tier 3 including 1, 2, and 3. Hopefully some tier will receive the consensus of the threshold requirement for a dues increase.

Tier 1 would be the status quo $250 plus 60 for a total of $310.
Tier 2 would be a total package of $500
Tier 3 would be $650
Tier 4 would be 800 (since presumably 850 will have been rejected on 5/28)

The package presented for each tier will stipulate the services supported, including pool, waterfront, golfing, roads, water, sewer, gatehouse, and meeting rooms.

I do not know how to deal with the proposal to spend $350,000 on engineering evaluations of our infrastructure. That must be recognized in the budget, along with a sense of how we will pay for the infrastructure improvements. Based on past experience we can expect assessments of 300 to 600 per lot for infrastructure improvements over and above the annual operating budget. Lot owners must understand the potential magnitude of future capital assessments on top of the dues they pay.

In fairness I would ask the property owners to nominate an absolute cap on the combination of dues and special assessments in guiding the board . It would sew great discord for voters to approve an $800 operating budget, and be told within two years that another $500 special assessment is required for capital projects. I believe everybody understands the imperative for roads, sewer, and water to be the core requirement to operate the park. We really need a budget that presents us all with the ability know the total annual outlay required, and what that will include for road paving and improvements, road, sewer, and water maintenance and improvements.

DarleneQ, Ja0073 and Jua&mike21 like this post

PamelaRaymond

Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements Empty Re: Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements

Fri May 27, 2022 10:14 am
Hi Jim

Thank you so much for reaching out! We are still interested in you being on our committee. Some of the items you have mentioned are things we are working on currently. Would you please send me your phone number again so that I may contact you before our next meeting?
jim

Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements Empty Re: Ranked Choice Vote for Dues and Capital improvements

Fri May 27, 2022 1:26 pm
Pam, my phone is 434 865-0212 - thanks for your response

PamelaRaymond likes this post

PamelaRaymond

Sun May 29, 2022 11:29 am
I will be reaching out this week!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum