Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

January 22nd Vote Question Empty January 22nd Vote Question

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:00 am
Based on private conversations, social media posts and discussions here, it’s clear that there are many concerns surrounding a POs ability to cast their vote in person on the 22nd. I don’t understand why this has become difficult. Many live out of state (personally, it’s a 4-5 hour drive each way), have to work / other obligations, were unaware until just recently or have COVID concerns, so required in-person voting during a 3 hour window on a random day in the middle of January makes absolutely no sense. Rather than complain or accuse, many have offered viable solutions or asked legitimate questions, only to be ignored.

So my question to the board is why? Why aren’t all legitimate questions being answered or suggestions being addressed? Why can’t “noise” that come in the form of rude comments/accusations/rumors be ignored?

If the BOD is truly interested in doing what’s best for the community and it’s members, and is committed to building bridges versus encouraging division, they will figure out a way to allow everyone’s voice to be heard. Let’s all work together to get RR to where we all want to see it be.

Here is a myriad of solutions for the dues increase vote:
1) basic Zoom accounts are free. POs can get online and cast their vote virtually. Someone from the board will just need a hotspot to run a laptop from the clubhouse, can logon in the office where there is internet or you can use a smartphone.
2) delay the vote until the spring when more POs are there
3) hold the voting over a series of weekends that include warmer months to account for the possibility of bad weather
4) allow mail in ballots, absentee ballots or proxy voting
5) use a voting platform, such as eballot, where there is secure voting online.

*Again, I’m going to ask that people refrain from making unnecessary, accusatory comments on this post. I understand this is a hot topic and everyone’s right to free speech, but I’m only interested in creating forward progress on this issue with the BOD and not getting distracted by a war of words.

aparashis, Anna B, Patshelly1, Lowelh, jim and Johnsonmlen like this post

George Powell

January 22nd Vote Question Empty Re: January 22nd Vote Question

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:50 am
You can call it A War Of Words or whatever you choose to call it ,All I am doing is Presenting To Anyone Who Reads Here or Elsewhere The Arrogance This Board Shows To The P.O.of River ridge !! You and Others Have Asked and Begged For Options On This Shame Of A Vote , Don't Take My Word On This Matter ,If You Have Not Already Done So Read The Protective Covenants For Yourself ,When Being Ignored Should You Not Wonder What Is Being Held From The Truth !!
Lowelh

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:28 am
Diane, thank you for your thoughtful reply. Good suggestions.

Diane1774 likes this post

Diane1774

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:52 pm
For those following this thread regarding voting options, the board posted under “dues amount” (see last post) that RR doesn’t have the capabilities to hold this vote virtually so it will be in person on the 22nd.
Lowelh

Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm
I am not surprise that the board does not have the capability to hold this vote virtually, It would be asking a lot of both the board and property owners. I am SHOCKED that the board does not have the capability to reschedule the vote, or extend the voting hours, or receive and count mail-in ballots.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum