Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dues amount

+12
Connie Suddueth
Anna B
Ja0073
breezesocks
Mfjwdavis
Rose
DebbyA
Diane1774
aparashis
TLMilligan
George Powell
pmusa1
16 posters
Go down
pmusa1

Dues amount  Empty Dues amount

Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:29 am
What are the new dues going to be? Ty
George Powell

Dues amount  Empty Re: Dues amount

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:12 pm
Dues will be 250.00 ,It's the User Fees - Special Assessment You Need To Be Bracing For !!
TLMilligan

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:03 pm
The BOD are recommending $1200 per lot per year. This will allow to maintain and improve the community. There will be a vote on January 22, 2022 at the Clubhouse, 9:00am to 12 noon.
aparashis

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:59 pm
At the meetings we asked the board to provide us with an itemized list of what the costs of everything is to maintain the campground and we have not seen anything will the details be covered during the Jan 29th meeting? We need this information before we can vote on an increase in the dues
TLMilligan

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:03 pm
A budget report is published every month. This shows what it takes to keep the community going. They are available in the office. A portion of the increase will be to bring some buildings up to a better standard as well as a fund to repair the roads properly.
Diane1774

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:04 am
A budget is not the same thing as a P&L. A budget is an overview of what you plan on spending, while a P&L is a detailed breakdown of what you actually spent on specific areas / items. I believe the property owners have been asking for a P&L since discussions began, yet we keep being referred back to the budget. I’m not sure why there’s a disconnect. I believe most are on board for an increase, we just would like to make an informed decision prior to voting. Also, will the board be sharing how they came up with the $1200 figure prior to the vote?
TLMilligan

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:19 am
Yes there will be more discussion and costs associated with maintaining the community.
Diane1774

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:47 am
Thank you Terry for responding so quickly. I’m glad that there will be further discussion, but I still didn’t receive an answer about the P&L. Does River Ridge have one? I appreciate and respect that there’s a plan to improve RR; it’s needed and welcomed and I believe this board has great intentions. It’s a great community that could be even better. As a property owner, I definitely want to see the improvements come to fruition. But I don’t know anyone who would be comfortable blindly handing a 500% increase in dues without more detailed information. Additionally, a copy of the budget in the office does those of us out of state / spring and summer visitors no good if we can’t access it. Is it something that could be put online or emailed with our utility bills?
TLMilligan

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:10 am
I’ll need to present that question to the Treasurer. I’m sure they have something but the volume is such that it’s not printed out and distributed.
DebbyA

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:41 pm
I’m assuming that the $1200 per lot includes the $250 for dues
TLMilligan

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:42 pm
Yes. Total dues would be 1200.00.
DebbyA

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:17 pm
I have one more question just so I understand does the $1200 breakdown to $250 dues and a $950 user fee.
TLMilligan

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:20 pm
No it will all be dues. There has not been a dues increase since 1978.
DebbyA

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:34 pm
Thank you so much for your reply
DebbyA

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:31 pm
So if the $1200 dues are voted down then they’ll be a $950 user fee more than likely right ?
TLMilligan

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:50 pm
There is no intention of having a user fee. Even it was, you have to vote on that also. So many statements are made against this BOD, crooked, money for carts, money for roofs, we are all trying to do what is best for RR.
DebbyA

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:46 pm
Well the only reason I’ve asked is because without a voice or a vote the user fee was increased from 250 to 400 We spend most of our time at River Ridge during the weekdays so we don’t see or talk to a lot of people about what’s going on we mind our own business we don’t use Facebook all we know is what we’ve seen in the past so newsletters and board meeting minutes is how we find out what’s going on. Thank you again for the information
TLMilligan

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:12 pm
I can definitely understand that. There is so much I is information going on it’s hard to be able to tell fact from fiction.
Rose

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:28 am
What will happen if the dues increase doesn't pass?
TLMilligan

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:46 am
They’ll stay at the current rate. There won’t be enough money to operate the community. There’ll be no improvements made.
George Powell

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:27 am
There is no misinformation going around ,Nobody That I Talk To Is Against A Dues Increase ,The problem is that Nobody Wants To Support an increase before the facts ,I see the comment that I Am Not Going To Argue With You Has Been Removed ,I Don't Want To Argue !! Stop The Christmas Wish List And Be Truthful With The People !! George Powell

Mooseman likes this post

TLMilligan

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:42 am
We are truthful! The Vision 2027 plan is a part of the dues increase decision. Anne is trying to get it on Grapevinenow as we speak. A new Proshop is only a portion of the plan. Several Property Owners spent almost a year researching and developing the plan. NOT BOD members, Property Owners. It’s a simple issue, got yes or vote no. There is no reason whatsoever for the name calling, rumors or anything else.
Mfjwdavis

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:11 pm
I have looked on the Grapevine site in the last few mins and I don’t see the Vision 2027 under documents or on the home page. Above says it was being posted yesterday, can I get a link to it.
TLMilligan

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:20 pm
I don’t know why it hasn’t made it yet. I know it was hopefully going to be completed and posted today. I can assure you it will be posted as soon as she completes the spellcheck edit and can get it to the administrator.
breezesocks

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:08 am
First, let me say that I am not opposed to an increase as I fully understand why it is needed. In researching campgrounds in NC, VA and SC, I found that our dues and user fees at $720 are far cheaper than any other similar campground (yes, even those where you own your lot). For example, Myrtle Beach-as high as $6.5K a year, the mountains of NC-as high as $4.5 a year and right here around Lake Gaston, as high as $3.6K a year. It is a miracle that RR has been able to operate as well as it has on $720 per lot. If it were not for some of the volunteers who provide free labor and services, RR would have not been able to survive this long.

Second, let me say that the BOD has good intentions but their methods are all wrong. We all want to see this Vision 2027 plan and it should have been posted months ago and definitely posted before it was announced there would be a board meeting and vote on January 22. At a minimum, this plan should be MAILED to every property owner along with the announcement of the board meeting where a vote will be taken at least 30 days in advance. Regardless of VA laws and RR by-laws, this is simply good business practice showing full disclosure and common sense. There is no reason that I can see that this vote "has to" take place in January. Bear in mind that we are in the middle of COVID, many property owners have winterized their properties and would have no place to stay if they come to RR for a vote in January, and if you recall the weather that hit VA last week were people were stranded on I-95 for 15 hours in in an Amtrack train for 30 hours, WHY would you hold this very important meeting AND VOTE in JANUARY? We are working on monies and the budget from last year and we are financially fine at this point. Bills for the FY22-23 will not be mailed out until late April so as long as this is decided by the middle of April, the business office can adjust the billing, etc.an all will be fine.

Mr. Milligan, I have never met you but from your previous posts and replies, you appear to be an honest, honorable and patient man. I am hopeful that you and the other board members will reconsider this meeting and vote scheduled for the 22nd and delay it until the last Saturday in March. This will give everyone a chance to read the plan and know what we are voting on and it will probably have a much better chance of passing then. You will definitely have more property owners in attendance at a later meeting (which is always a good thing) and in late March we often "open our travel trailers" and we will all have a place to stay for the weekend while we attend the meeting.

Again, I agree with what the BOD is trying to accomplish but they are going about this in the wrong way. If this meeting and vote takes place on January 22 and regardless if the increase passes or fails, the entire BOD is setting themselves up for continued criticism, which no one needs if we are going to move forward with making RR a better place to live and enjoy for all property owners. Thank you in advance for considering my proposal.

Diane1774, MikeNBren, Anna B, Patshelly1, Rose and Gmower like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum