Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
purplecharger

Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase Empty Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase

Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:19 am
So I keep reading that the average of the suggested dues increase of the people who went to the two meetings in reference to the dues came out to be $1125. I am a little curious if you have in writing what all the suggested dues were. I know there was a lady that was taking notes at the front but from where I was sitting, I don't recall that a majority of the suggestions were over even a $1000. It would have had to have been a majority of the property owners present to suggest over $1125 for the average to come out to that. I just don't remember that being suggested for a majority. I am glad to see that it is being proposed and voted on that we only pay $850 in May as that is three months away but I would really like to see it posted what the suggested amounts were at these two meetings so the property owners can "verify" what is being put out to us. Thank you for your time!

DarleneQ and Mooseman like this post

purplecharger

Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase Empty Re: Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:54 am
Hello.....is this thing on? I see that other posts got responded to after mine so......how about this post. Response please! Also, I saw where Terry said he doesn't review this site everyday. Someone on the board should! Just my thoughts!
purplecharger

Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase Empty Re: Dues increase ~ average of suggested dues increase

Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:11 pm
Wow! No reply still and I have wrote February 9th and the 12th and now today.
TLMilligan

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:56 pm
I don’t have the documentation personally, but I will try to locate it..
davis oasis

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:39 pm
I was at the second meeting as well as 6 Property owners next to me . When $1200.00 was suggested the reaction WAS NOT POSITIVE?? From most who attended. I can not see the park needing 1.72 million dollars a year to run, When we are responsible for our upkeep of our own property. I love River Ridge but I cant agree to a "slush fund"At the second meeting when property owners tried to speak they were not recognized by the board. Seemed that only CHOSEN FEW GOT TO SPEAK and were on the "LIST"and the were full time residents. In my opinion. I am aware minimum wage in VA went from $9.00 to $11.00per hour. However, Rita ran that park by herself for 30+ years.

Last edited by davis oasis on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

purplecharger, DarleneQ and davis oasis like this post

TLMilligan

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:47 pm
I don’t know of anyone that wanted to speak at the meetings that didn’t get that opportunity. Of course there was some negativity at the mention of $1200.00, there was also some agreement. We didn’t just pop a number out of the air. We looked at what it takes to keep the community going and being able to make unexpected repairs and try to get things back into good working order. I reported at the latest BOD meeting, in 4 areas wages, taxes, insurance and propane for building/bathhouse heating we spent 798,000.00 last year. It takes money to manage an area this large. Thanks for your thoughts.
George Powell

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:00 pm
I Cry Bullcrap ,If That Was Spent On These Four Areas I Want To Get On R.R. Payroll There Is No Way Almost 1 Millon Dollars Was Spent In These Four Expenses!! George Powell

DarleneQ likes this post

TLMilligan

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:04 pm
Ask for the paperwork at the office!! I have no reason to lie about any of this.
purplecharger

Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm
Terry

I appreciate your response. First I want to ask were you able to get your hands on the documentation I requested which was a listing of the amounts the property owners suggested. You indicated you were going to try to locate it. Which leads me to say that if you have to "try to locate it" then what did you and the board use to come up with the "average amount of $1200"? If the average was calculated up using the normal math then you should have had all the amounts that were suggested to come up with that amount. Just saying that to come up with the average, there would have had to have been some sort of record used to come with that. All paperwork should be kept when you are asking for a dues increase.
Secondly, I want to address your reply to this thread dated February 22nd. You indicated the board did not just come up with this amount out of the air. You looked at what it takes to run River Ridge or the community so my next question is was the amount requested of $1200 by the board and not the average that is being advertised? I have been in all kinds of organizations throughout my life and bookkeeping is very important for when members want to see documentation. I just feel like things are being said and then things are being said differently. All I/we want is for transparency. I just feel disappointed in how things are being put out but I guess feelings shouldn't be involved in this.

davis oasis likes this post

Kelli

Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:00 am
We are considering purchasing there at River Ridge. What are the HOA fees annually and if there have been special assessments, what have they been and are any being proposed soon?
purplecharger

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:27 pm
Hello.....Terry......anyone on the board.......

Have you not looked at this since February 22nd? I know that in another thread, Terry said he didn't get on here everyday but geez can you at least get on here once a week? Someone from the board?
AnneSingleton

Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:56 pm
A lot of people came up after the meeting and gave their suggestions on what they thought the dues should be. They did not speak publicly for obvious reasons, and in my opinion these people have a right to privacy on what they suggested. Hope this helps!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum