Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

Question Regarding New Proposed Dues Empty Question Regarding New Proposed Dues

Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:45 pm
I saw the proposed dues increase, and I wanted to first thank the board for accommodating those out of towners to be able to vote by mail. Second, I have a few questions:
1) I didn't see what the plan was for the additional funds. Is it still to tackle the infrastructure first and then move on to other things? Or will the additional funds collected be applied to the Vision plan? Or is there another plan that hasn't been shared yet, but will?
2) Is it a single vote for $850 this year and $1200 moving forward? Or is it two separate votes - one for $850 this year and a 2nd for the $1200 moving forward?
3) Is there an update as to the nonprofit status? I'm not sure there was ever real clarification as to why it was lost in the first place and where we're currently at in getting it restored. I asked my personal accountant and she explained that's it's a lengthy process that is often difficult to have reinstated (but not impossible), but it really depends on the reason for the loss in the first place.
George Powell

Question Regarding New Proposed Dues Empty Re: Question Regarding New Proposed Dues

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:42 pm
I Have Posted These Questions On Facebook Hoping To Get A Clarified Answer ,People Have Been Asking These Questions On Here With No Answers !I am
In R.R. like Everybody Else, I am not Against A Dues Increase But Without An Infrastructure Plan In Writing And In Place I Will Be Voting No !! The Board Has Pushed This Vision 2027 Plan To The Point Of No Return Without An Infrastructure Plan In Place ,If Anybody Believes This Board Give Me Your Paycheck In Cash And I Will See Your. Bills Get Paid !! George Powell
TLMilligan

Question Regarding New Proposed Dues Empty Re: Question Regarding New Proposed Dues

Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm
Funds will be used to maintain the community. Yes it is to handle all bills associated with the community and also to assist in infrastructure.
The BOD voted at the last meeting that no dues will be spent on the Vision plan until such time as nonprofit status and grants or low interest loans are obtained.
It is a single vote for 850 this year and then 1200 next year. Having the knowledge of the Property Owners vote for the funds that is needed for our community allows the BOD to have a better plan as to the budget as well as what repairs and projects can be done.
Anne is heading up the attempt to have our nonprofit status reinstated. No one knows exactly why it was removed to begin with. She is trying to work with Attorneys and tax professionals to accomplish this.

I’m sorry you feel that your questions were ignored. I can’t speak for other BOD members, but I do not check the Forum everyday. When I see new questions I do my best to answer them. I hope this information helped. Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum