Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Katuramusselwhite

Boat slips? Empty Boat slips?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:45 pm
I was wondering if there’s a way to implement a new way of doing boat slips? Is I’m aware u have to wait for one to open. So a person can own a boat slip for their whole lives right? Maybe there could be a new way where every two years the boat slips are rotated for other people? I do understand there are some elderly people who physically can’t move their boats in and out the water so maybe some people over the age of whatever can keep them but for those who are able. Give up there slips for a two year period for new or different people to use the slips? My name is on the list for over four years now and it is a pain to launch every time every year. I think the would also make sure that boats at the slips are in working order and not just being there for storage? Please no rude comments as we are a good community!!

Katuramusselwhite and erikawildrick1 like this post

George Powell

Boat slips? Empty Re: Boat slips?

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:44 am
I can understand your frustrations but think about the people that waited say 10 years to get their slips how would it be fair to change up what they waited so long for ?I think as an income producer R.R. needs to look at the options of applying for for permits and dredging out as to have more slips available !!

BigSekc66, purplecharger and pets4u2 like this post

davis oasis

Boat slips? Empty Add More slips

Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:11 pm
If there is that much of a demand and so few slips. Seems it would be a great money generator that will pay for itself in no time.

Katuramusselwhite and pets4u2 like this post

TLMilligan

Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:50 pm
Nothing can be built on the lake without approval of the power company. They wouldn’t approve us building more boat slips. They also will not allow us to put sand down at the beach are. We tried. Thanks
pets4u2

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:08 am
Just a thought. Maybe there would be a way to share slips. We are not at the lake every weekend and I do not leave the boat in the water when we are gone. RR could charge for the service sorta the same way timeshares operate. Could be on a volunteer bases and could be a plus for the boat owners. I know, never volunteer as you get sucked into a full time job, but I would volunteer to help set things up. I had a slip when we first purchased our property in 1980 for several years then gave it up for a few years. When we wanted to get another one we were one of the people that waited 10 years to get my current slip. Just a thought.

Katuramusselwhite likes this post

George Powell

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:21 am
We know you cannot do anything on the Lake without the power company's blessings but I am confused ,Our President stated the power company said we could not even put sand down But in year 3 of the Boards Grand Plan They Were Going To Revitalize Leausure Beach ,Am I Confused or Is This Obama Care ,Vote For It And See What Is In It Later !!! Just Wondering Why The Lies Can't Be Kept Straight ?? George Powell
TLMilligan

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:38 pm
Revitalize does not mean put sand down. I don’t know what the revitalization plan is, but, they are aware that sand cannot be put down. This was discussed in a BOD meeting upon me finding it out. Why not contact the Vision 2027 committee and ask them what revitalization plan they have in mind. Thanks and have a great day!
Katuramusselwhite

Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:52 pm
I wonder how tangle wood got there really nice beach? There’s is gorgeous and I know they have a lot of sand put down.
Katuramusselwhite

Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:06 pm
Why are there always so many empty boat slips though? Or boats in them that don’t look like they work? Maybe instead of raising the dues so much raise the boat slip dues and even rent out some slips for summer months. I’d pay more if I could rent a slip to have especially during the summer when I’m always on the water. Or yes see if people will let someone else rent boat slips for certain times of the year.. if I can’t use the boat slips every couple years like rotating, I’m definitely not paying 1,200 for dues. Make things fair. If I gotta wait ten years for a boat slip I’m holding on to it for life. N that’s how other people may think also.. we shouldn’t have to wait for someone to pass away for a slip to open.
George Powell

Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:13 pm
I have a Call In To Dominon Power To Find Out Why We Can't Get Sand or Is It They Are Not Wanting Sand ?For Rotating Boat Slips Everybody Else Waited So That's What Has To Be Done There Is A Personal Boat Pier In Groundhog Where The Owners Rents Out To People If Available !

Katuramusselwhite likes this post

TLMilligan

Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:35 pm
All boat slips are leased. We do not control how often the individuals that have them leased leave them empty and for how long. It is against the rules to let anyone use your boat slip. Violation could result in an infraction ticket.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum