Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

Update on Virtual Participation? Empty Update on Virtual Participation?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:12 pm
Hi! I asked the question in two other posts but it was never answered, so I’m asking again here: is the BOD willing to use Zoom (or another similar platform) to live stream the January 22nd meeting so all POs can participate /vote? If you look at the post on River Ridge’s Facebook page (the one started by Patrick), you’ll see that there are many POs on board with this.

If not, can the vote be postponed until the spring when the seasonal POs open their places and allow those out of state more time to arrange to be there as well as more time to gather information to make an informed decision?

** important note: I’m asking that others PLEASE refrain from any negative comments / accusations / mud slinging on my post so the board is not distracted and is able to answer this specific yes or no question.

Lowelh and Johnsonmlen like this post

TLMilligan

Update on Virtual Participation? Empty Re: Update on Virtual Participation?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:32 pm
It is not a meeting it is just a vote. We don’t have a Zoom account or any WiFi in the areas that we meet. I understand your request, we just don’t have the capability to do something like this at this time.
Diane1774

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:53 pm
Thank you Terry. I appreciate your response. Honestly, this is an easy fix. Standard Zoom accounts are free, and I would bet that there are many of us who have corporate accounts that provide longer access. Also, all that’s needed is a strong hot spot to run a laptop. Again, I bet there are people willing to volunteer the use of theirs. Anyway, it could be done with little work from the BOD if you so choose. I feel it’s really important that all POs have the opportunity to cast a vote.

Johnsonmlen likes this post

TLMilligan

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:27 pm
I agree.
Lowelh

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:20 am
If Zoom, easy as it is, is not an option, or the best option, what about mail in ballots. You have a list of all the lots in the park, any lot submitting more than one ballot need not be counted to prevent ‘voter fraud’.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum