Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to Approve Covenants

+3
Willie Saunders
TLMilligan
breezesocks
7 posters
Go down
breezesocks

Letter to Approve Covenants Empty Letter to Approve Covenants

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:14 pm
Received my letter yesterday concerning voting on the new proposed covenants. Unfortunately, the letter did not contain the "self-addressed, postage paid postcard" in which to cast my vote. I am wondering how many other letters were sent out with the postcard. Since approximately 1,125 property owners have to vote "yes" for these covenants to pass, this could be a critical error.

Tried calling he office from 3:25 until 4:00 and all I got was a busy signal. It finally rang after 4:00 and went to the recorder. Nice.
TLMilligan

Letter to Approve Covenants Empty Re: Letter to Approve Covenants

Sun May 16, 2021 10:17 pm
The letter was mistakenly mailed. The complete packet was mailed Friday and should be arriving to you soon. Have a great day!!
Willie Saunders

Mon May 17, 2021 11:08 am
Change of the Covenants:
#1 - We are an association - so this should be approved
#2 all camping lots do have 50 amp so this would need to be changed
#3 - Mobile home sizes should be in accordance with Mecklenburg -
#4 - why change the proxy vote
#5 - why raise the late payment fee
#6 - building material should comply with Mecklenburg
#7 - Don't understand this one
#8 Campers/mobile homes older than the period stated may to allowed a waiver and approval by entire Board - why
#9 - Stick building are being done anyway - so I would approve this
Just my opinion folks
TLMilligan

Mon May 17, 2021 12:42 pm
2 The current covenants state 30 amp so we are trying to be accurate since all camping villages are now 50 amp.
3 It is our goal to always be in compliance with Mecklenburg county standards.
4 The proxy vote was removed by a BOD in 2008, again we are updating the covenants to reflect current rules and guidelines,
5 The late payment fee has been the same since inception. Why not raise it just a little as hopefully a small deterrent to paying late?
6 Ensuring that all building material is in compliance with Mecklenburg County hopefully allows for safer builds.
7 Current covenants state ‘20 years.’ We felt 20 years was too long.
8 There are instances where a camper/mobile home are outside the year model posted and are in exceptional condition. This would allow the BOD to waiver this requirement in the event it is in immaculate shape and not showing its age. But only if all 7 BOD members agree.
9 This will allow stick building to be completely authorized with no questions. The committee and BOD feel allowing this will enhance property values.

Willie Saunders and Anna B like this post

Willie Saunders

Mon May 17, 2021 1:29 pm
Thank you Terry
Crystal&Shawn

Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
It may have taken a little longer to count votes individually but each should be voted on individually or singular..I agree with most but the way it's presented will be a No. Our own government votes on amendments individually and not as a lump sum package. Take the time and effort to do things right. So many rights and privileges have been striped from us as it is this year. Covenants do need upgrading and sad to know many past BOD didn't feel it necessary but inldividual vote changes only...
Birdman

Wed May 19, 2021 9:29 am
We own two lots in Groundhog. We only received one packet and card in the mail. Should we have received two voting cards one for each properties? Should I inform the Association office?
Thanks
Pat

Scratch that I received my package for my second lot today in the mail.

Last edited by Birdman on Wed May 19, 2021 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Willie Saunders

Wed May 19, 2021 11:50 am
I am now seeing a few things in the New Covenants that are being taken out of context (Example: Blue Rule say you can have a tent on your lot for two weeks, however, the Covenants are saying no tents.

We need to set up a day and time that property owners can speak with the Board Members about these changes. I am seeing some that do not make any sense
thank you

Willie Saunders likes this post

TLMilligan

Wed May 19, 2021 5:13 pm
By laws and Blue Rules are written based on current Covenants. If the proposed Covenants pass then Bylaws and Blue Rules will need to be rewritten to align with current Covenants. I’ve seen lots of comments on Facebook. If you compare the current Covenants to the proposed Covenants you’ll see anything that is be proposed to change.
cindi dickerson

Thu May 20, 2021 11:26 pm
I am new, so excuse my lack of knowledge! I saw a rule that campers and mobile homes older than 20 years must be removed, unless ALL of the board approved they are in good enough condition to stay. If someone on the board dislikes you does that mean I have to remove my modular home? I paid a great deal of money for my property, what happens if you don't like it? I am NOT trying to cause controversy, but we paid a lot for our home and there is NO way to replace it. It is in wonderful condition, but if I rub someone wrong on the board I could have to replace it? I need a little clarification lol. Thanks yall
TLMilligan

Fri May 21, 2021 7:23 am
That rule is about bringing campers and mobile homes INTO River Ridge. Has no affect on your camper or mobile home that is already set up.
George Powell

Fri May 21, 2021 10:31 am
Just wondering why now wanting to Allow Tiny Stick Built Homes ,They were never stopped so R.R. Cannot Pick and Choose When To Stop Them ,I Would Agree If They Were Voted On Individually !
TLMilligan

Fri May 21, 2021 3:02 pm
The committee that worked so hard on these covenants saw nothing that was not beneficial to every Property Owner here. Please vote the way that is best for you. If they pass we’ll have updated Covenants. If they don’t, then we won’t. The Committee nor the BOD have tried or are trying to hide anything. Compare the current Covenants to the proposed Covenants and you will see this. Thanks and have a great day!
George Powell

Fri May 21, 2021 3:37 pm
The Reason R.R. is getting so much push back is The User Fee That Was Put On For Electrical Upgrades and Has Been Used For Anything That R.R. Seen Fit ,Yes R.F. needs More Money To Operate But From The Past This Is Not The Way To Do It !!
cindi dickerson

Sat May 22, 2021 4:47 pm
Thank you for your reply, however the proposed change listed in Article 7, Section 2 states"...........placed, installed or kept on a lot." So are you saying that's not correct? Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum