Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

Budget Questions Empty Budget Questions

Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:05 am
First, let me begin by thanking the volunteers who took the time to come up with the proposal and for providing the documentation that they did. It goes a long way towards the transparency that so many have asked for. I think everyone is in agreement that River Ridge can't run effectively on $250 per lot, per year and $850 doesn't seem unreasonable at all. I think this is an excellent starting point, with some great suggestions. I understand that cuts need to be made, but I don't think it's necessary to go to such extremes as eliminating everything. I feel like we may be able to make some changes that will impact us almost immediately and help us financially long-term. And while I can't be part of the committee (I'm only a summer weekender who lives 4 hours away), I do have a couple of questions and would like to make a couple of suggestions for some long term solutions.

And just a reminder, personally, I'm looking for answers to questions NOT opinions on the BOD or their actions. The goal is to move forward with progress and get RR to where everyone wants to see it be. Feel free to create your own post if you'd like to accuse / spread rumors / sling mud, etc.

QUESTIONS:
1) We are spending $12,000 per year on computers and the website? Are we purchasing new ones each year?
2) Can you please clarify what exactly we're spending on pool labor? You have wages for the pool mentioned in 636001($122,500) and the you have pool / rec center labor listed for $40K under 636101. Which is correct?
3) What does the $25K in postage and office supplies consist of? This number seems excessive, especially in this day and age.
4) How many full-time associates do we have on our health insurance plan? Have we shopped options?
5) Do you feel that eliminating a maintenance supply budget almost in its entirety is realistic?

SUGGESTIONS:
1) I feel there are opportunities to reduce our labor costs drastically without necessarily losing personnel or positions. This will not only save us in wages, but also in benefits.
- Does RR require 7 full-time maintenance and 2 part-timers? Would it make sense to go down to 3 full-time and 6 part-timers?
- Is there an opportunity to reduce full-time positions in the office, pool and security, instead, replacing them with part-time help?
2) $25K for postage and office supplies is in line with budgets I've seen for larger businesses and feel this should be looked at much closer. Almost everyone has an email address where bills and communication can be sent, and for those that don't, is it feasible to add postage to bills that need to be mailed?
3) There are plenty of school and service organizations in the area that are always looking for volunteer projects for school or service hours. Have we tapped into this resource for clean-up or painting projects?

JLGrant622, DeanandDiane, Johnsonmlen and PamelaRaymond like this post

lgastonlover

Budget Questions Empty Re: Budget Questions

Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:40 pm
For clarification, has the proposed $850 per lot budget been approved by the board so it can go for a vote in August? I also appreciate all the work and time the volunteers have put into this. We support your efforts and willingness to share this info and for your transparency!!!

PamelaRaymond likes this post

PamelaRaymond

Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:54 pm
Good afternoon. Yes the Board approved to proceed with the vote to raise the annual assessment to $850. The vote will take place in Late May. If it passes the additional $540 for 2022 will be due August 1st. I hope this is helpful! Thank you for asking 😊
PamelaRaymond

Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:09 pm
Thank you so much for the questions and suggestions! We have had a lot of good ones!!! The Finance Committee has also asked some of these same ones and are continuing to explore all opportunities available that will continue to make an impact on being more fiscally responsible. The Board is looking forward to working with this committee as we address these questions. I realize that this has not answered your questions specifically because I would like to opportunity to pass them to the committee   I cannot personally speak to HR issues at the moment but we can definitely look into them. Again, thank you so much 😊
Committee members- can we please see if we can get these answers at the next meeting so we can provide a response? Thank you!

JLGrant622 and Johnsonmlen like this post

lgastonlover

Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:30 pm
I appreciate your quick responses! 1 more question...will the vote in May be mail in and in person? Thank you for all your help!
PamelaRaymond

Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:40 pm
Yes the vote will be both!
lgastonlover

Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:12 pm
👍thank you!
Johnsonmlen

Fri May 06, 2022 10:31 am
Diane, great post. This is the kind of thinking we need from the BOD. The BOD needs to stop trying to quickly speed through votes without communicating the details of the budget. Increasing fees wherever they can is not acceptable. They need to account for money made from fines and golf and pool so that people can get the full picture. I am all for improving the RR community but will not vote for an increase unless the BOD evaluates personnel salaries and other costs. I want to see specific salaries for positions at RR. We need better communication and clarity on what is happening with the budget.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum