Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

We need a solution to attend the meeting! Empty We need a solution to attend the meeting!

Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:09 pm
Can someone on the board PLEASE help me reach a solution where EVERY property owner has the opportunity to hear what’s being said and cast their vote at the January 22nd meeting? Let’s not lose sight of this goal. Many have closed up for the winter, may be in quarantine (or unwilling to risk) due to COVID and / or live out of state, so attending in person isn’t possible. There’s technology available to solve this issue to ensure everyone can participate if they choose. If schools and companies regularly (and successfully) use it, why can’t we do the same??? If the lawyer is saying “no” to proxy voting (an issue to be addressed another time), he/she should be able to suggest another viable option that is inclusive and not discriminatory.

Johnsonmlen likes this post

George Powell

We need a solution to attend the meeting! Empty Re: We need a solution to attend the meeting!

Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:33 pm
Does The Title Lawyer Make You Correct??
TLMilligan

We need a solution to attend the meeting! Empty Re: We need a solution to attend the meeting!

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:41 pm
No one is being discriminated against. The Bylaws changed Proxy votes, by a previous BOD. The big issue here is that the Vision 2027 information has been delayed in being released. We tried to get some information out to advise POs the vote was coming and the amount to vote on. All that anyone seems to want to talk about is a new Pro shop. There are several other things in the plan other than a Pro shop. Things that will benefit River Ridge in its entirety. Hopefully that information will be made available today. It will be posted on Grapevinenow as well as Facebook. The arguing and accusations are helping no one. If you don’t like or don’t agree with the presented plan, just vote no, it’s that simple. Many of the BOD read Facebook. We know what’s being said about us, things we’re being accused of doing, but we try not to post things on FB. The Vision 2027 committee worked long and hard to come up with their recommendations. I truly believe when you look at their plan and look at how our community can look and be in the future, you’ll really be impressed with all the work that went into it. This committee is made up of Property Owners not BOD members. Property Owners that want our community to be better for everyone involved.

pmusa1 likes this post

Diane1774

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm
Terry- Thank you for responding to me, but I didn’t accuse / name call or suggest anything. I’m not interested in any of those things or rumors. I want to hear from the board myself and am simply asking for a solution for those who can’t be there in person on the 22nd. Can we address the question I asked about utilizing Zoom or Google Meet for people to participate virtually?

Johnsonmlen likes this post

George Powell

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:04 pm
Just Like Obama Care ,Vote For It Now ,Read It Later !! If That Answer By The President Is Not A Twisted Lie Nothing Ever Was !! If There's No Secrets You Shouldn't Have To Beg For Answers !!
TLMilligan

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:10 pm
Exactly what I was saying in my last response to you. I haven’t lied about anything! I never said anything like that. I advised you that the Vision 2027 recommendations haven’t been posted yet and that hopefully that will happen today!

Have a great day!
Diane1774

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:16 pm
George - I don’t know you, but I respect your right to voice your opinion. However, I’m asking that you give Terry / BOD a chance to respond to the questions being asked on these posts. I’m trying to reach a solution for all POs to participate but it’s getting lost in random accusations / comments etc. that the authors themselves aren’t making. This is now the 2nd time that my question is being overlooked.

Terry - can we please go back and address MY initial question on MY 2nd post about virtual participation?
Johnsonmlen

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Diane, it doesn’t appear like they want to address your question. You, like myself cannot be there on 22 Jan. This vote could have easily been conducted over a period of time to allow everyone a chance to show up and vote. I have 3 properties, so I am very concerned with such a large increase, but won’t have a chance to cast a vote. It is starting to look like this is the plan. Let’s hope they offer a better solution. Everyone has to remember, once these increases get passed, we can’t change it.
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:01 pm
Visual participation has been addressed. Evidently on another thread. We have tried to do meetings over social media and have had little success. A previous Board tried a Facebook live I believe and it would “freeze” and just never worked. Also, this is not a meeting, the meetings have been held. This is a vote and not a meeting. I also explained the process and the reasoning for getting the process started on another thread. There is no way possible to schedule anything that will allow everyone to attend. When and if this vote doesn’t meet the minimum requirements the BOD will need to present something else and vote again. I truly wish would could do something that would make everyone happy but it seems that is impossible.
Johnsonmlen

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm
Come on now. You cannot send out a letter and say there will be a vote on a random day in January for a 3 hour period and not expect POs to be concerned. We have a right to speak up and ask for a better plan. I have had plans to be out of state for over a month and CANNOT be there on that date. You all need to consider giving us another day the following weekend. It really isn’t that complicated.

Patshelly1 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum