Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dues amount

+12
Connie Suddueth
Anna B
Ja0073
breezesocks
Mfjwdavis
Rose
DebbyA
Diane1774
aparashis
TLMilligan
George Powell
pmusa1
16 posters
Go down
Ja0073

Dues amount  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dues amount

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 am
I’m just now stumbling onto this information for the first time that there is going to be a vote to increase our dues to $1200 in just a couple of weeks I have not received an email a letter or any information whatsoever to let me know as a property owner that this is getting ready to happen and I’m sure there are many other members that are so busy in their every day lives they have no clue that there’s gonna be a in person vote on 22 of January and from reading this thread it appears that the board has to legally give everyone A 10 day notice that this will be taking place. 10 days is very little time for a lot of people to make plans to be there this time of year. It’s starting to appear after reading everything here that the board believes that the fewer members that vote the better chance they have of getting an increase in dues I just simply do not understand why ballots for this vote can not been mailed out. Incremental increases in the dues over the next few years would be fair to help run the place. But if the board has a vote where every member does not have an opportunity to vote then they should be ashamed of themselves

Johnsonmlen and julie like this post

TLMilligan

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Letters have been mailed. If you haven’t received it you should have it soon.

Thanks
Ja0073

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:42 pm
Will ballots be included in the letter
TLMilligan

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:30 pm
No. This is an in person vote.
Ja0073

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:27 pm
I did receive my letter today there’s no information on it though except for voting times from 9 to 12 It would be nice if you could extend that to about 2 PM there’s a lot of people that live three and four hours away from River Ridge and also there’s no information about the 2027 plan on the grapevine as of today
George Powell

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm
Just because the Board is Circumventing the Protective Covenants does not make it Legal ,Let The Battle Begin!!
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:48 pm
There is no battle, there is no war. Show up, vote the way you want, the votes will be counted and then we move on to something else. The Property Owners vote yes or no, that’s it, it’s extremely simple.

Thanks
George Powell

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:01 pm
This has become a Battle ,The Board Ran A Half Legal Vote On Changing The Protective Covenants By Not Setting An End Time This Would Have Made It Legit ,That Did Not Pass ,I Am Not Saying We Do Not Need A Dues Increase ,Why Do The First Vote According To The Protective Covenants and This Time As It Is Laid Out In The Protective Covenants The Board Is Totally Ignoring , Circumventing ,Turning Up Their Noses ,Or Whichever One You Choose !! Had The Board Proceeded Legally You Would Have Had Myself and Many Others On Board ,So As It Stands The River ridge Board Is Not Acting In A Fudishary Manner And Putting Itself Into The Position Of Countless Lawsuits By Conducting An Illegal Dues Increase Vote!!
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:06 pm
I have said it before and saying it again, we are proceeding under the advisement of an Attorney who has assured us we are doing exactly as the Covenants and Bylaws allow. There is nothing underhanded or illegal going on. Also as I said earlier, come vote and the outcome will be determined. If the Property Owners vote no then it’s no. Case closed. At that time something else will need to be recommended for the Property Owners to vote on.
Ja0073

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:42 pm
I was sure hoping that you guys could extend the voting time a couple hours. Thank you so much
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:44 pm
It will be discussed tomorrow at the Board meeting.

Thanks
Anna B

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:55 am
The message by breezesocks is on target.
The dues does need to be increased and renovations of almost everything are desperately needed. BUT, this is just not the way to go about it.
I have been a property owner of several different sites since 2009. I don't consider myself a "longt-imer" but I have watched the ongoing battlegrounds since day one no matter who is on the BOD. There is a mistrust in our community and I don't know when it started, but isn't it time to try and rebuild that bridge? This is the peak opportunity to start showing some good faith and try and rebuild this broken community.

I do not or have not ever known any BOD personally and I believe everyone one who has ever served on the BOD always starts out with the best intentions.  Unfortunately, in the past, someone has set you up for taking their fall. Once this starts, the remainder of your term is mostly spent in defense mode. It is sadly unfortunate for every person who runs for office and  is voted in their position. In order for any improvements to start happening, this has to change. Think about this seriously. Our community is a battleground. The lines are drawn, and this is never going to stop until someone makes this a a priority for the future of our community.

1. Why would any organization with a vote of this importance, hold the vote this time of year and only permit an in-person voting choice? This is the first BIG mistake and sets the stage,  perceived intentions.  

2. The 2027 proposal is amazing, and well done. I believe it would be better received in a more timely manner before a 500 % increase is voted on. I am not saying it was late, or there was a deadline, or that it did not take alarge amount of personal time with required research and presentation.  With the timing of it's release, and an in-person only vote,  3 weeks later,  off season....do you see the writing on the wall?   Do I agree with it all, absolutely not, but it is good. Three months prior to this kind of increase is really not enough time for people to absorb it all or think about how or if this is affordable to them, can they budget for it, etc....Why does this big increase have to be pushed so quickly? Why only one option of choice. Remember, showing good intention is how to build the bridge.

3. Why can't this proposed Vision 2027, start in 2023 with 2028 ending? Start with a smaller increase for 2022, with the 1200.00 starting in 2023. Hold this vote during a time when more people are able to participate and have their vote. This shows good intentions. This shows compassion for our PO's with limited income, weekenders who have winterized and live out of state, and those who are quarantined or just simply not able to get there in the middle of winter. Good intentions!

4. If this vote were at a more opportune time for the PO's,  even more information could be presented to help make these changes become a reality. There have been some very good questions asked with no answers available at this time. Take that time to see if an answer can be found. That shows good intensions.

The biggest job I see for the BOD, current and future, is rebuilding the broken bridge of this community.  It is so sad to see the personal attacks in groups,  and on this forum, for so many years.  I commend all of you that have sat on the BOD. I truly believe in order to move forward, the bridge must somehow be mended and eventually repaired. Showing good intentions on a topic with such an impact as this one, is a perfect way to start.

I love River Ridge. I spend alot of weekends there and plan to for the rest of my life. I believe we all want improvements, our infrastructure fixed, a place to be proud to be a part of the community.  And yes, I also believe the raise of annual dues is WAY past due.

Thank you for hearing me and taking the time to be a BOD for our community.

Last edited by Anna B on Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin, Diane1774, Patshelly1, Rose, randymxer65, Johnsonmlen, jhogg and KlaraMichael like this post

aparashis

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:06 am
Perfectly said thank you

Anna B likes this post

Connie Suddueth

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:00 pm
The document that is available at the office is the budget numbers for this year in the first column. Then the monthly numbers are  the amount spent for each line item. It also shows the amount spent for year to date.  I can put this information in a P/L format for you if you like but it will be the same numbers as on the budget form that is available.

Anna B likes this post

Anna B

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:25 am
Connie,

That would be a great idea if your willing. Then people would see there is no reason to say they don't have what they are asking for. It would absolutely stop quite a few people asking and accusing. Thank you!

lgastonlover

Dues amount  - Page 2 Empty Zoom meeting?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:36 pm
I didn't see a reply to whether or not the Dues increase meeting would be available as a Zoom meeting. Can you please let us know if that is a possibility? That would increase the amount of POs who could have their voices heard. Thank you for your time!
TLMilligan

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:42 pm
It is not a meeting, it is a vote. The meetings have been held. We don’t have the capabilities at this time to have Zoom meetings. I have seen recommendations as to someone volunteering their Hotspot and other things like that, but it’s not a meeting so we will look into maybe making changes to have Zoom meetings in the future.

Thanks
lgastonlover

Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:25 pm
I understand it's not a "meeting" in the true sense of the word, but it can solve the problem of people not being able to get to RR in person. Will the ballots be counted on Jan 22? What time? I would like to be there to witness the counting in person. Thank you.
TLMilligan

Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:36 pm
Contact the office and have them put your name on the volunteer list to assist with the vote.

Thanks
Johnsonmlen

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm
This seems to be very short fused. I have plans to be out of the state on that day and cannot make it to the vote. It seems clear that is not being considered by the BOD. Even the vote for our major elections offers alternative methods and longer time periods. This needs to change in order to allow all POs that care to vote to do so unless the objective is to have only a certain group of POs vote.

Patshelly1 and lgastonlover like this post

jim

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 pm
On Saturday the projection is for it to be the coldest day of the winter, and will be 18 degrees, with snow and freezing rain for the previous 18 hours.  It is impossible to have a valid in person vote in a snow and ice storm, and expect people to drive 5 hours to vote,  Did I mention pandemic.  It appears that the increase will be defeated 3 to 1 among the locals, and I would guess 5 to 1 from out of towners.  Any vote that imposes a 500% increase in the baseline obligations will certainly be challenged if you do not permit all parties access to vote.  The weather will preclude out of town voters, and should be a basis for a challenge if the results are approval of the measure - and the seeds of mis-trust are watered and fertilized by the BOD failing to permit mail in responses, or proxy votes by those who can not attend.  Covid is rampant, and gatherings like this are discouraged, and I believe the BOD will loose all credibility with the POs if you do not permit off site voting.  It would be wise to re-schedule, and permit mail in voting.

Admin likes this post

George Powell

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm
Everybody should see by now the Board is not backing down for what they want !!I have screamed here and at Board Meetings to no avail ,If this goes forward I will be asking for resignations at the next Board Meeting and If It Goes Forward And This Board Somehow Pulls A Fast One I Will Be Entering A Court Challenge On Monday January 24th ,The Arrogance Of Some Of This Board Has Got To Change !!
lgastonlover

Dues amount  - Page 2 Empty Dues vote postponed

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:12 pm
Hope all of you saw that the vote on January 22 has been postponed!!

Anna B and Johnsonmlen like this post

Ja0073

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:35 pm
I’d like to thank the board for postponing the vote.

Anna B and Johnsonmlen like this post

jim

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:40 am
I too thank the board for delaying the vote.  I ask when you plan to have the vote, and if you intend to offer means for out of town owners to vote by mail or proxy of some sort when you re-schedule. (I have out of town family members with multiple lots)  I also ask what you believe to be a sufficient turnout to constitute quorum to bind all 1500 dues paying property owners to an increase in payments.

Anna B, lgastonlover and randymxer65 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum