Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
erika1

Code of Virginia Code Chapter 18 Property Owners' Association Act Empty Code of Virginia Code Chapter 18 Property Owners' Association Act

Sun May 23, 2021 10:52 pm
For anyone interested in what your rights as a property owner in RR are, and what information you have a right to access, refer to the Virginia law. The forum will not let me post a hot link. It is on the website LAW.LIS.VIRGINIA.GOV Code of Virginia Code Chapter 18, Property Owner's Association Act. It spells out your legal rights as an owner in good standing , as well as the rules regarding how an Association must be run. Anyone interested in knowing more about our Association should dig into the law. It will also help anyone hoping to help improve the covenants or election process. It is codified. There is no " just making it up as you go". If a member of RR in good standing is denied access to documents, that he or she has rights to, that would be a violation of the law. Please look up the website to learn more. This information was provided to me by Heather S. Gillespie, Common Interest Community Ombudsman, Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 400, Richmond, Va 23233, (804) 367-0373 . We were provided information regarding the Ombudsman in our packet when we purchased. Hopefully this information will help people looking for facts. Sorry I could not post the direct link, due to being a new registered user.-- Erika
TLMilligan

Code of Virginia Code Chapter 18 Property Owners' Association Act Empty Re: Code of Virginia Code Chapter 18 Property Owners' Association Act

Sun May 23, 2021 11:37 pm
These are the laws that govern the association. They are what the BOD refers to whenever we have to make a decision and plan for the future.

Thanks

erika1 likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum