Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Toniatwo

Camper Electric for meter Empty Camper Electric for meter

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:50 pm
Good Afternoon,

I have a suggestion/question. I live in the mobile home section. We have mecklenburg electric. We have to pay 32-36 dollars a month just for having the meter, even if we don’t use any kilowatts. So we pay that all year including winter months. Why does the camping section only pay a dollar to River Ridge. They have the same meter as we do. Why not charge 30 dollars per meter in camping section? I understand they get charged a bit more for electric but someone has to read their meters also. This would generate money for the maintenance, they are who reads the meter. I hope a board member reads this and can make a motion to have that fee raised.
breezesocks

Camper Electric for meter Empty Re: Camper Electric for meter

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm
I cannot say I am a fan of this idea as it would be putting a financial increase only on a portion of the residents with property in RR, ie., those with property in the camping villages.RR owns the entire water and sewer systems. I would be much more in favor of increasing these rates to generate income. This way, those who use the facilities and services of RR would pay more. It simply does not makes sense, nor is it fair, for a family who spends only 10-15 nights a year at RR to pay the same amount as a family who uses the facilities and services 365 days a year. The BOD should also consider a yearly decal along with a fee for any/all golf carts driven on the roads of RR. If a property owner can afford two $7000 golf carts, they can afford a yearly decal/fee for the privilege of riding them on RR streets. I know that many will not agree with these ideas but it is time to get serious about alternative ways to generate income so that RR can continue to operate. The worse thing that could ever happen for all POs would be for RR to be forced into bankruptcy. If that were to occur, our property would be worthless without electrician, water, sewer and road maintenance services.

Anna B and DeanandDiane like this post

Toniatwo

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:29 pm
We are not at RR 365 days a year, we are weekenders but live mobile home area. I believe there are more people living in campers full time 365 a year , than the mobile home areas. So, that is why I believe all use electricity, so it is fair to charge the price for meter as it has to get read even if you only visit 15 nights a year. A golf cart fee I would be glad to pay. Make it so you could by a year or up to a 5 year sticker with varied prices. I agree our property will be worth nothing real soon if funds are not raised.
erikawildrick1

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 pm
We can only run 50 amps in the camping section, if I am not mistaken. I don't support charging 35$ for the meter. We paid to have our meters installed.Most people have to run a lot of gas, and its not cheap. And we grill a lot. You all have full size homes in here. Its rustic in here in the camping sections. I suggest charging 50$ to everyone who goes down to Liesure beach after dark, and 500$ for every beer bottle, soda can, and piece of trash that gets tossed along the road there. and, 1000$ for every broken bottle.....and 5000$ for anyone who lets their youngster drink down at the turnaround and throw trash everywhere. That might generate some funds.And anyone who's progeny or who themselves vandalizes RR property have their property confiscated and sold at auction. These might be some great changes to the Covenants, if they ever get re-written. As it sits now, this place is just being locked up to rot and decay. It does not save money in the long run. Its costing us in a big way not to have that pool open. And good luck selling your place without the amenities. How are realtors advertising this place now? If the BOD had stuck with the basics and proposed the $850 from the get go, I believe we would not be in this pickle. If you can afford two homes, or a home and a vacation home, you can afford $850 dues. I would even propose that a pool membership get stacked onto that for another 100$. Dues at $850 without pool, 950$ with pool. Focus only on infrastructure and maintenance. We do not need anything new as far as buildings go when we are incapable of caring for and running what we have. The problem was that a small group of people with big eyes and big ideas got on the wrong side of most property owners, who just want a simple fun place to hang out at the lake. We weren't looking for Hollywood or another housing development. It would not have been difficult, but now it IS. To all you property owners who think we can make it on 250$/year... I suggest you go outside of the campground, buy a lot, clear the trees, dig a well, make a road, and call it YOUR community, because you are doing nothing but sabotaging us all in here in RR now. Pony up or GET OUT.

purplecharger and DeanandDiane like this post

Alf628

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:07 am
The route to this problem is the past board members. I have been in River Ridge for about 20 years no increase in the dues. Based on the information that I read on the discussion board that there has been no increase since 1978 with that being said at an increase $10 a year the dues would be now at 690. Unfortunately that’s hindsight and water under the bridge. For the last 5 to 7 years the dues has been 250+400 special assessment and then the $60 water usage fee. Which equals 710. 95% of the people in River Ridge would agree dues needs to go up. I agree it needs to go up. The board that started electrical upgrade lied to the people of River Ridge saying it would take 400 hundred dollars per lit to do upgrade. In Reality it did not. My suggestion is to raise the dues $10 from what we have been paying to 660 +60. To. 720. And $20 a year increase per lot per year every year. To account for inflation. Right now they have extra money based on that amount of dues to the fact they have finished the electrical upgrade. River Ridge is not $1 million neighborhood.if you want to live in $1 million neighborhood you should’ve moved into one . you new what you were moving into when you moved into it. This neighborhood does not need a restaurant on the golf course or a grocery store. Indian neighborhood does not need a bathhouse turn that into a laundromat with us supply the equipment and collecting the money as far as Electrical in a camping section I’m sure if you gave them 200 A like mobile home section has they would be glad to pay the extra money upfront. But everyone has their own thoughts those are just a couple of mine. And as far as recently the last two years one of the biggest waste of money was the conversion of the pool to salt water and then back.

erikawildrick1 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum