Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Crystal&Shawn

Loss of non profit Empty Loss of non profit

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:09 pm
Please advise on when,how and why we RR lost our non profit and what taxes we are now facing because of this. What actions are in place to get our non profit back into place. It can take 6 months or more for IRS to even review this application. Thank you in advance
Crystal&Shawn

Loss of non profit Empty Re: Loss of non profit

Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Would love to get some answers on this other than speculation.
TLMilligan

Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:27 pm
That’s all we have found so far is speculation. None of the current BOD members were on the BOD at that time. Nothing has been found in the office to explain it. We have the question posed to our tax preparer. They have handled River Ridge taxes for several years.
Crystal&Shawn

Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm
Yes sir, I'm aware this is no fault of our current board.  I hope every effort is going forth to get this status back.  I was aware of the loss some years ago but was reassured it would be corrected.  We as a community thought it had been since no further info was provided.  We were assured it was going to be taken care of.  I would have to dig back to 2016 or so to see for sure. This is  a very important tax saving benefit to our community that saves us tons of monies in income taxes.  Please do not let this fall by the wayside again .  Things often get overlooked with every new board.  Thank you
Mooseman

Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:27 pm
Zero progress as of BOD meeting Sat 2/12/2022

Google search; "requirements to be non profit"

New members can't post links for seven (7) days.

Non-Profit Information – Internal Revenue Service
Light Reading? – Compare Notes? – Anyone?

501(c) (4)?, Social Welfare Organization?;

IRS;

US Chamber of Commerce;

Last edited by Mooseman on Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:01 am
According to CauseIQ.com we last filed a form 990 with the IRS for the tax year ending 4-30-2013. Use the links below to view the last 3 tax forms River Ridge filed as non-profit.

Notice posted on Cause IQ website:

River Ridge Association is likely terminated and or no longer active. Either the organization marked in their most recent Form 990 that they have closed down, or they haven't filed a Form 990 in many years and appear to no longer be active.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:37 am
I pulled up the minutes for the April 2013 Board meeting to get an idea of where we were at that time. I'm including the link for those who wish to take a trip back to yesteryear. It was a very interesting meeting.

Katuramusselwhite likes this post

Katuramusselwhite

Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:34 pm
The 2013 board minutes are very well written and explains a lot. Compared to our minutes 2013 should be a example of how it should be done. Our minutes now look like my 6th grader wrote them. And no information or updates at all. This is what we should strive to be again.
Mooseman

Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:25 pm
501(c) (4)?, Social Welfare Organization?;
Mooseman

Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:36 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum