Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Patshelly1

Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed Empty Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:31 pm
I see that a person has tested positive that was at the last meeting. One would have to consider themselves exposed and there is a high probability there will be additional positives after this date.
How can you expect over 1000 POs to show up over at three hour window to place an IN PERSON vote?
It is not reasonable to expect someone to subject their self to these conditions.
Hospitals are closing and covid is at an all time high and you expect us to be there.
Another way to vote needs to be found

lgastonlover likes this post

breezesocks

Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed Empty Re: Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 am
The BOD does not expect there to be over 1000 POs to show up, in fact, they are thinking that there will be fewer than 300 people to show up (perhaps less depending on the weather and COVID) and approximately 75 percent of those will be full time residents who will be voting for the new increased dues and Vision 2027.  Why, because they have the most to benefit.  

It is extremely unfair to ask the family who lives in Maryland to pay the same annual dues that a family living full time in RR pays.  The family living in RR gets to enjoy its amenities daily while the family living in Maryland "may" get to enjoy these amenities 50 days a year.  I served as a City Council member of a city of 37K residents for over ten years and each year we had to deal with budgets, improvements, taxes, etc.  We struggled with how to tax the residents in the most fair in equitable way.  Increasing the ad valorem tax rate was not only unpopular but it was also very unfair.  Why, because people who owned no property (renters) in the City paid no taxes at all yet they had access to the same benefits of all the other residents.  Our solution was to keep the ad valorem tax rate low but increase the water, sewer, and electrical rates.  Doing so insured that all residents of the City paid some taxes and it was "gradually" spread out over a twelve month period.

If the dues increase is defeated (and I hope it is), the BOD needs to go back to the drawing board and revisit what Vision 2027 will pay for and create a more fair and equitable method to charge dues to POs.  It would be far more fair and equitable to keep the dues at $500-$700 a year for everyone but significantly increase the cost for water, sewer and electricity.  This method of collecting dues and fees from the POs would insure that all POs pay some fees and those who use the services of RR the most will pay more - as they dang well should.  I for one, will not support any new plan that does not include a new form of Security for RR and a Park Manager.  I say thank you to those who volunteer for Security but you are not getting the job done because you do not have the power and authority to enforce the law.  You have no arrest powers.  And, the BOD need to direct, not manage RR.  We have been trying this form of management for the past 20 years and look around folks, it has not been working.  

One last comment.  I have heard the comments about the "scare tactics" being spread by those wanting these new dues to be passed and paid by all POs.  I have heard that if this vote does not pass, RR will have no power, water, sewer, maintenance, etc.  I have heard that RR will have to close.  Please do not listen to these lies.  If this vote does not pass, the BOD will HAVE to go back to the drawing board - and they need to.  This unfair and unequitable method of collecting dues and the Vision 2027 plan is not the best solution for us at this time or for the future.  We still have some time, actually a lot of time.  Please do not let anyone "scare you" into voting for these new dues.  

See you all on the 22nd.  I will be the guy who looks like he got up at 5:00 am because I will have to do so to make the 3.5 hour drive so I can vote "in person."  Regardless of how you feel about these new dues or the Vision 2027 plan, if you have any degree of decency or fairness in your body, you should be appalled about how the BOD is handling this vote.  And don't forget, they have all "agreed" to stay on the Board for five more years (it is in the Vision 2027 plan).  Sorry, but I will not sleep better at night knowing this.

Diane1774, aparashis, Patshelly1, lgastonlover and Johnsonmlen like this post

Diane1774

Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed Empty Re: Challenges of In person voting need to be addressed

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:54 pm
This is a valid, well thought out argument that I hope gets the attention it deserves. Unfortunately, Terry posted a response yesterday evening under “dues amount” (see last post on page 2) that RR doesn’t have the capabilities to hold this vote virtually so it will be in person on the 22nd.

Breezesocks - I feel your pain with that trip, so I’ll bring the coffee since I too will be making that 4-5 hr trek each way Wink

Patshelly1 likes this post

breezesocks

Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:51 pm
And the weather forecast, which hopefully will change since it is a long ways out, is calling for possible snow on Friday evening the 21st
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum