Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

Dead Trees in Common Areas Empty Dead Trees in Common Areas

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:14 am
We had a dead tree fall from the common area on to our camper sometime over the last two weeks, causing damage. Fortunately, we were not there at the time and no one was hurt. The camper can be fixed, but who is responsible for the repairs? Also, there are other trees that are in danger of falling (both in the common area and on a lot that's up for auction). What's the protocol to have them removed before they fall, causing more damage or potential harm to someone?
TLMilligan

Dead Trees in Common Areas Empty Re: Dead Trees in Common Areas

Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:07 pm
Please contact maintenance with a work order about any trees you think need attention. They will take care of them.

Thanks
Diane1774

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 am
Great, thank you. I'll submit work orders for the trees I'm concerned about. Also, do you know if there's recourse for a tree that fell from the common area and damaged my camper? As I mentioned, the damage could have been worse, but there are costs involved to make repairs (a branch actually pierced my roof, causing a hole and there is some ceiling damage).
TLMilligan

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:49 am
It is my understanding that in Virginia if a tree falls on your property it is your responsibility to clean it up as well as damages. You can request the BOD discuss it and make a determination. Last year, I learned that once a tree falls on your property it’s your responsibility. My experience was not from common property.

Thanks
Sponsored content