Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
erikawildrick1

Why did YOU buy into River Ridge? Empty Why did YOU buy into River Ridge?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:38 am
I'll start, and see if anybody replies. I bought in for the small lot ownership, the TREES, the QUIET, the BIRDS, the LAKE, and the ability to walk on some gravel road down to the lake for exercise and relaxation. I bought here to escape endless half abandoned strip malls, crappy concrete and asphalt stretches of ugliness, the violence of the city, the constant noise of cars, ambulances and trucks.... pretty much to escape modern everyday life. I LOVE THE WOODS. Thats why I bought in. Nothing else. Who's next? Why did YOU buy into River Ridge? Everybody has a different reason.

Last edited by erikawildrick1 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added punctuation)

DarleneQ likes this post

Katuramusselwhite

Why did YOU buy into River Ridge? Empty Re: Why did YOU buy into River Ridge?

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:46 pm
I bought in here bc since I was 8 my parents always came here every weekend and I have so many good memories of my dad who passed away in 2006. His ashes are in the lake. What he loved the most. I wanted my kids to have the great experience I’ve had with my parents for my kids to have. To get away from drama and the city. I relocated to mecklenburg also outside of rr. Never when I was young knew any of the drama and problems with rr that we have now. It’s sad. I want my kids to enjoy the things I enjoyed so much here in river ridge. I lived with my great aunt a couple summers and even worked at the pool 20 years ago. I got a pontoon boat and jet skis just like my parents had. It really hurts that we won’t be spending time in river ridge this summer except to put our boat n skis in the water. I’m disappointed in the late problem solving that has been done this year. River ridge is better than this. Or it used to be. If 400 was used for electric upgrades then why are the dues a issue. Well I believe we needed the money n it was used for covering the expenses. N that’s fine. But to wait so long for a solution was not right. People should have been worried about keeping the place running rather than asking us to vote 1,200$ so rr could have so many changes and extra buildings etc. the first vote should have been to keep the place running not trying to upgrade the place when we can’t afford the regular stuff. I wish the board would have just worried about keeping this place running. Now look. No pool for memories this summer. Never has the pool been shut down since this place opened. How about we just try to get the dues to 850 asap. So we can at least enjoy rr again. Communication is key. Not arguing or being rude to people. We need to do what’s right for rr increase the dues to 850 n be done with it for now. I hope next summer will be normal. As of now I’ve taken my water vehicles home, and turned off my water n electric. No need to sit and wait or bitch. I hope the vandalism isn’t going to be bad bc that costs even more money.. good luck rr. U should all voted yes to keep us afloat no matter what ur issue is. If u we’re paid 1970 paychecks could you afford your homes or even you lifestyle in 2022? Let that sink in!! Thanks for the votes of yes but it wasn’t enough.. #saveriverridge

BigSekc66 and erikawildrick1 like this post

frostaworx

Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:41 pm
Unfortunately the dues issue is nit why were are having the problems we are having as with anything in the world the problem is CONTROL… i my self have been coming here since 1991 i was left my place by my grandmother unfortunately it took me some time to attain it and i have so much more to worry about than trying to battle with an group of volunteers that are seeking empowerment through our BOD… you cant do this.. that cant be in your yard… along with all the slander, and invasion of privacy they subject us too! Let me start here i recently revived to tickets from our lovley Mrs. Buttler i will say thank you for the extra time as you can see i have no vehicle from a terrible car accident so unless i strap the washer hot water heater and all to my back it wasnt an easy task to remove. However you angered me so i sent the appliances to scrap with a gentleman so niw after a year and a half i still go without hot water. But that is not the issue . Once i was aware of Mrs Buttler own property.. i was in utter disbelief that this property owner was our beautification committee leader. What a joke i took pictures of her property wich is much more an eye sore than my own. Grass was up to my chest the place is only bare wood partialy finished but no worries you couldnt really see all of that due to the yard being so completely unkept! I want to know and then see proff that she her self was ticketed and sentbto tribunal. Yes it has been cut now cause word spread that she was a hipocrite.. i dontblike to name call but in this case if i carried a seat on our ever so important board i would be disappointed with our community if they did nit stand up and call me out in my own issues. I mean really how to you have a pot or a kettle trying to dump its water onto the ones they are supposed to be working along side of ( its the only way it works, it dosent take a rocket scientist)
If our board got along with our community this place would go back to running smmoth as butter and it also dosent take a genius to approach tge members of river ridge and say its about time we implement dues that have a bi yearly automatic increase with a cap maximum that it can never exceed. Simple and we dint feel attacked and everything continues to run as normal. Now back to the control issue your gonna dissolved river ridge .. only people WHO DO NOT BELONG HERE WOULD EVER CONSIDER SUCH A THING. I may be locally hated ask me if i care it dosent change my out look as a person who gives a good g damn about my rights my neighbors rights or our communitys right sometimes the best ideas or opinions or solutions come from places we weren’t always fond of. Now take out these people who have no compasion who have no empathy who have no patience who have no drive to make this place work for others not themselves… give us a board of members who have always put others first and we will thrive build and grow and have faith in our leaders and fun in our years to come.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum