Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pool opening date

+2
AnneSingleton
C collins
6 posters
Go down
C collins

Pool opening date Empty Pool opening date

Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm
Can you please post when the pool will be opened? At the Board meeting we were informed it would be open Memorial Day weekend and I would like to confirm that has not changed.

Thank you.

drivewayman likes this post

C collins

Pool opening date Empty No response from BOD?

Sat May 21, 2022 2:03 pm
Can a board member please respond on the “official” River Ridge site with status of pool opening)

drivewayman likes this post

AnneSingleton

Pool opening date Empty Re: Pool opening date

Sun May 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Hello,

The BOD will decide a plan of action after the annual assessment dues vote on the 28th once we know what direction we will be going in.  At the current time there is zero dollars in the budget for the pool with the dues at 250.00.

Thanks,

Anne
Katuramusselwhite

Sun May 22, 2022 8:00 pm
Ann can u tell me who makes that decision? Who says there’s no money to open the pool? I will state this once again. Whoever that person is who can’t find money somewhere for three months to keep kids , young adults and even adults busy n cool with the pool. Shits about to hit the fan bc they will swim in the lake off the docs and I guarantee that boats will get vandalized and there’s gonna be a uproar from property owners. I think by not opening the pool and finding money somewhere ( I’m sure money can be moved around) you have pissed off 99% of us. And up until this weekend I thought the vote was going to be yes. Now I’m not so sure.. the bod I hope you are ready to see how river ridge will become the purge but without the killing..I hope for the sake of our community u all get a yes vote. U should listen to the people who are telling you what we want n need. Instead u ignore us and do what you want to happen with river ridge. Good luck n I hope I’m wrong!!

Kmarie80, DarleneQ and drivewayman like this post

AnneSingleton

Sun May 22, 2022 9:14 pm
When the budget was done at 250.00 there wasn't enough money to fund some (most all) departments. Beautification, entertainment, and pool had zero budgets. Maintenance and office personnel were drastically cut as well. After the 28th hopefully we can move forward in a positive direction and make plans for the pool. Honestly I think it was said in prior board minutes that the pool was going to open because the member over the pool thought there would be available funds. We just can't "find" money to open the pool, it is a pretty big expense. The board members are property owners too, we want the pool and all the other amenities open just as much as everyone else does. So please, bear with us until next week.
Katuramusselwhite

Sun May 22, 2022 10:37 pm
So u might be able to find the money from a yes vote? Bc the rest of the dues money isn’t due until August correct? If we don’t have the money now, what changes if we get a yes vote? Bc there will still be no money until August? Please help me understand how it changes the money situation for the pool?

Jennmarshburn likes this post

AnneSingleton

Sun May 22, 2022 10:56 pm
That's a very good question, the Finance Committee is working now on ideas to suggest to the board on how (if at all possible) to bridge that time gap if we get a yes vote next week. If it something we can make work, we will definitely make it work!!

Thanks for asking, I'm sure others were wondering too!

Anne
Katuramusselwhite

Sun May 22, 2022 11:26 pm
So if the vote is no the finance committee will not work on suggesting ideas to get the pool open. Is that correct?
AnneSingleton

Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 am
No I am not saying that, the Finance Committee may find solutions for that too. To be perfectly honest though, if the dues remain at 250.00, the pool may be the least of our problems. I would suspect we would lose the majority of our maintenance staff, we can't expect them to keep working at reduced hours, most have families to support. Then we would have nobody to cut grass, repair water and sewer breaks, repair roads, etc..

Thanks,

Anne
Windjammer56

Pool opening date Empty Pool Opening

Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 am
I have a very simple solution to the pool opening problem. Since the golf course really isn’t making money but has numerous employers including one that was just hired close it down for “renovation” for the summer. Fire all employees and use that money for the pool. Everyone enjoys the pool and not many PO use or care about the golf course.
Use the summer to contemplate the future of the golf course with the notion of repurposing the land. An ATV park would surely make money or at least more money than a golf course. Plus people would want to camp out so put in some more camping spots.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

DarleneQ and drivewayman like this post

AnneSingleton

Mon May 23, 2022 5:11 pm
The Golf Course is part of River Ridge and considered common property, your covenants tell you when you purchased in here you are buying into River Ridge Golf & Camping Club. The salaries for the golf course do not come out of your annual assessments, so "firing" people wouldn't benefit the pool in any way.

Anna B likes this post

Windjammer56

Mon May 23, 2022 7:15 pm
So you are saying that the golf course is self sufficient. It makes enough to pay all of it's bills?. If so why is RR giving them money?. You can't be a going concern if you don't make enough money to pay ALL of your bills on time. If you can't do that then your business is failing.

DarleneQ likes this post

Katuramusselwhite

Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm
Why not use the golf course for other things. If we get a no vote bring your own flashlight for flashlight tag games.. there’s still so much we can do without the bod telling us what they want po to do. No pool no problem. The lake it is,

DarleneQ likes this post

George Powell

Mon May 23, 2022 8:51 pm
The Board Members Answer is so Lame ,The Covenants Do Not Say The Golf Course Has To Stay Open!! Did it take 50,000 dollars to keep the Golf Course Self Sufficient ?? Stop with the Lame Answers and Get Off Your Power Trip!! Everytime The Board Gives An Answer It Makes The Bullying Stand Out !! George Powell

DarleneQ likes this post

AnneSingleton

Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm
Mr. Powell,

This is an owner's forum for property owners to ask legitimate questions. The crap and garbage you're posting on Facebook is not welcome here and will not be tolerated.

BigSekc66, Katuramusselwhite and Anna B like this post

George Powell

Tue May 24, 2022 10:45 am
If you answer the Question that will clear everything thing up ,Why not Shut Down The Golf Course and Open The Pool ,If You Look There Is A Poll On Facebook And The Vote Is 52 to 2 To Shut It Down !! Guess What It's Not My Poll!! George Powell
Katuramusselwhite

Tue May 24, 2022 4:22 pm
George please don’t bring your drama on this site there is no one speaking to each other like on fb I closed all thee Facebook pages of rr I have bc it’s stressful. First thing in the morning I’m in a good mood then ur posts pop up n I’m instantly irritated. Please stay off of this forum or at least until u can talk positively or have anything good to say. I’m trying to communicate to whoever can hear me n the bod professionaly the stuff on fb is everything but. Thank you
George Powell

Tue May 24, 2022 8:04 pm
If you read my post it is nothing short of professional ,All we want is an answer to the question that was asked ,No different than what you ask!

DarleneQ likes this post

DarleneQ

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:56 pm

Why is golf course not being cut if there are no funds available . Hiring new employees, purchasing new equipment in maintenance, etc... Where is this money coming from?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum