Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
breezesocks

Where Do We Go From Here? Empty Where Do We Go From Here?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:04 am
As we all know, the vote on the proposed dues increase to $1200 scheduled for this Saturday has been cancelled.  What we do not know is where will the BOD proceed from here.  Will they simply scheduled another date for a new vote?  Will it again be a vote where you "have to appear in person?"  And if the proposal passes, will the BOD immediately activate the Vision 2027 plan despite the fact that it was just recently presented to all POs and we have not had a chance to approve or reject this plan.  

In less than one hour, the BOD could create a simple survey with the 20-25 needs they feel RR has.  This survey could be mailed to each PO and we could rank these needs from 1-25.  Once returned, these surveys could be tabulated and if/when there is a dues increase, the BOD should start addressing these needs with the funds they have starting with number one.  We live in a democracy and I will accept what they majority of POs feel the needs are and move on and be happy. This survey could also contain questions on what the POs feel the new dues for FY22-23 should be.  With this information, the BOD could then move forward being better "informed" by a larger representation of POs, not just the ideas, wants and dreams of a few.  

There are some parts of the Vision 2027 plan which I like and some which I do not like.  I personally cannot vote for the plan to be put into place in its entirety because it does not address what I feel are some of the greatest needs of RR.  Number one is paid off-duty police with arrest powers to patrol RR on weekends. On holiday weekends, there should be two paid off-duty officers patrolling.  Number one for me is a safer, quieter neighborhood on the weekends.  Number two for me is to find some way to legally make property owners clean up their lots.  We can rebuild/remodel every bathhouse, the clubhouse, the pro shop, the kitchen, the playground and everything else but if "Sanford and Son" is still allowed to operate his junk/salvage yard inside RR, this place will still look like a dump with roses growing out of the old toilets.  

We just finished making a lot of repairs to the Pro Shop and the bathhouses.  It is really a "high" priority to build a new Pro Shop and remodel all the bathhouses.  I would rather see the roads paved first but the way the BOD is proceeding at this time, I will not have a say or vote on how the new dues will be spent.  Please understand, the way the BOD has approached this matter is 'IF" the dues pass, they will begin spending money on the Vision 2027 plan, whether you like it or not.  End of story.

As a property owner, you have a right to determine what your dues will be and how these dues will be spent.  Please do not take this right for granted.  Inform your BOD you want a say and how the money is going to be spent and what the new dues will be.  Again, one simple survey mailed to all POs may cost RR $800 BUT, the BOD can then move forward being much better informed by a larger representation of POs, not just the ideas, wants and dreams of a few.

Rad1lady, pets4u2, My3sons, lgastonlover, randymxer65, julie and jhogg like this post

davis oasis

Where Do We Go From Here? Empty Priorty list

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:54 am
I agree with you on some of your points. I believe with today's cameras and "hi tech" affordable surveillance at key locations, police are not needed. When talking to PO's the main concern for years and years have been not being able to get sewer connection(that's changed now} and the roads. But year after year RR continues to place gravel / cold patch in potholes or slurry seal chip on Boardman Dr .Seems that The main road gets the most attention for visual aesthetics. I love RR and plan to retire there one day. I will say it again I am not opposed to a due increase but I love the idea of a priority list and let the PO's vote on it.

My3sons likes this post

TLMilligan

Where Do We Go From Here? Empty Re: Where Do We Go From Here?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 am
The BOD will meet and decide where we go from here. It is apparent by all the comments that $1200.00 is not acceptable to the majority. The BOD has voted, in person at the Board meeting that not one dime of dues money will be spent on Vision 2027 until our nonprofit status is regained and grants or low interest loans are obtained to repair infrastructure. If this is not accomplished in a timely manner, the dues monies will begin the update and repair of the infrastructure. This vote is recorded and reflected in the Board minutes.
The vote was for the increase of dues NOT for Vision 2027. A committee of Property Owners have worked for months to come up with the vision. They did the research, spoke with other property owners and had many meetings to develop the plan. That is exactly what it is, a PLAN, nothing set in concrete with hopeful timelines. It’s a 5 year PLAN, but if it takes longer then it takes longer. It was distributed to show what some of the dues money COULD accomplish to improve the community.
Traditionally only around 450 ballots are cast in any voting done within this community. Dues are due May 1. With this in mind the in-person vote would give maximum time for Property Owners to know what the dues were going to be. At the same time it would notify the BOD if a different plan was needed.
There were two Dues Meetings held with all Property Owners invited to attend. Property Owners we’re asked at these meeting what they felt the dues should be. With the amounts that were suggested averaged out, it came to an average of $1,125.00. That is what the BOD based the dues of $1,200.00 on. The needs of River Ridge were discussed at these meetings with much input from Property Owners. Is that not the same as the survey you recommended?
I hope this answers some of your questions and concerns.
lgastonlover

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 am
Can you tell us how many people attended the 2 information meetings you referred to?
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:25 am
I would estimate close to 100 or better.
lgastonlover

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am
Thank you. I think the issue is that if only 100 people attended the info meetings and gave their opinions, it leaves out the other 1000+ who didnt/couldn't attend. Seems more POs would like to give their opinions, therefore the need for some sort of survey. Thanks.
TLMilligan

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:53 am
That was the purpose of two meetings, to try and make sure all PO’s had a chance to attend. I say this because it seemed to me the BOD was accused of making decisions without affording everyone to provide input.
lgastonlover

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 am
Understood. No accusations, just trying to make it where more out of towners can have their voices heard.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum