Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
breezesocks

My Opinion Empty My Opinion

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:04 am
I finally had the time to read the Vision 2027 plan. I think it was posted on Friday and I had a busy weekend. It is obvious that a lot of work and research went into this plan and I applaud the work that has been done. With this being said, I am disappointed that this plan lacks two things that are very important to me: Security and a Park Manager. Please understand I spend less than 40 days a year at RR. I never use the pool, the golf course, the bathhouse, the tennis courts, the horse shoe pits, the basketball courts, or the boat ramps. I come to RR for a "hopefully relaxing weekend." Period. I stay on my lot, clean up my lot, ride my golf cart and behave myself.

Unfortunately, my "hopefully relaxing weekends" have all too often been interrupted by loud music, parties, drunks, golf carts with loud mufflers running up and down the road at 2:00 am, and similar such immature and sometimes illegal activities. I have called Security multiple times as have my neighbors but the things I listed above continue to exist over, and over, and over. I have had many retired individuals in RR who have told me that they only visit RR during the week and they leave on Fridays before the drunks and party people arrive. I vividly remember calling security to a party one night at 12:30 where the shouting and music woke me up. The next morning I was accosted by the property owner and told that I should have not called Security because a member of Security was at the party and they were doing nothing wrong. The "good ole boy club" is alive and well in RR and it definitely includes some members of Security.

No PO in RR respects or fears Security because they know they have no arrest powers and the worse that can happen is that they will be issued a ticket and have to appear before the Tribunal and pay $25. Big deal! The Vision 2027 plan should have included funding for off duty police officers ESPECIALLY on weekends. And, since there is nothing mentioned in the plan about funding the salary of a Park Manager, it appears that RR will continue to be operated by the BOD and I expect some of the problems that started when former BOD ran everything will probably continue to exist with some new ones created.

From my standpoint, the plan does not hold enough benefits for me to pay an additional $480 per year. I will be making the seven-hour round trip on January 22 to vote "NO." I encourage others who feel the way I do to vote the same way.

Rad1lady and Mooseman like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum