Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

There are options Empty There are options

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:04 am
I know I appear like a dog with a bone regarding the voting process, but I feel strongly that all property owners should have the opportunity to vote and requiring in person voting, especially during an off-season, is not only unrealistic, but unjust. Raising dues is a very serious issue and I would hope that the goal is to have as many POs participate as possible. Now that the Vision 2027 plan is out and questions are being asked, let’s continue working together to get RR to an even better community. If the BOD is truly invested in getting PO participation and buy-in, then we need to figure out a way to do this.

With that being said, there are options:
1) livestream the meeting via Zoom or another platform. This is the most cost effective way. A basic Zoom account is free, but I’m sure there are people willing to allow the BOD to use their business account so more people can participate. The same is true for a hot spot to run a laptop during the meeting. If I was able to tackle these two issues, would the BOD be willing to consider it?
2) there are secure, online voting platforms (i.e. eBallot) that would allow votes to be cast. I’ve used it in my career and paid less than $200 for up to 500 people to vote. You have to verify identity and there are safeguards in place to ensure no one is able to vote twice.

Anna B and Johnsonmlen like this post

breezesocks

There are options Empty Re: There are options

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 am
It occurred to me this morning that if you know someone who will be attending the meeting "that you trust," you could give them a "limited power of attorney" to act on your behalf. The "limited power of attorney" would specify that they could only act on your behalf concerning River Ridge matters and you could include the timeframe for which this power of attorney would be in effect. I would send multiple copies of this power of attorney to the person who would be voting for you as they would need to present the BOD with a copy for their records.
Diane1774

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:37 am
Another great idea. This is similar to voting by proxy, which unfortunately, the board stated will not be allowed. Terry said on a few separate occasions that the vote must be placed in person. I’m trying to utilize technology to make it happen for those out of state / unable to attend (especially in light of COVID) and am waiting on a response to this post.
Lowelh

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:41 am
I gather the Board met yesterday. Was any effort made to hold a fair and inclusive vote on the issue of dues? The system I see in place currently shows distinct favoritism toward full time and local property owners who do no work or have other commitments on Saturday mornings. And while I concede that full time residents may be more impacted by the results of the voting in regards to park upkeep, all of us are impacted by the increase on our budgets. Perhaps if there is preferential voting, and tiered benefit to the outcome, there should be tiered ‘taxation’ as well, one higher dues rate for full time residents, and a lower dues rate for seasonal property owners who are deliberately being excluded from the voting process. Or perhaps the Board decided to represent ALL property owners? I haven’t heard yet, but one can be hopeful. Does anyone have any updates resulting from yesterdays meeting?
I for one chose River Ridge both for its affordability and more ‘campground like’ atmosphere. I wasn’t looking for a luxury gated ‘country club’, just a comfortable weekend getaway without having to tow a trailer from place to place or set up a tent. I agree that maintenance is necessary, and that it costs money. But fair voting practices are also ‘American’, and voting ‘taxes’ of restricted voting are not, whether that tax be paid at the door, or in time, gas, and travel to get to the door.

aparashis and Anna B like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum