Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
erika1

Vandalism and acts of lawlessness Empty Vandalism and acts of lawlessness

Sun May 30, 2021 10:12 am
Are all crimes committed in RR reported to the proper authorities? By proper I mean County Law Enforcement. Are these acts of vandalism being reported to the police department and are the police coming in here to view the damage? Do we have anyone who is a deputized police officer present here at RR? What happens if a person is physically assaulted in here? Some people are under the impression that because RR is a private gated community, that law enforcement by the Civil authorities of county and state do not apply. That is not true. RR comes under all local, and state authority. If a law is broken in here, a resident has a right to bring in civil authorities. We are not under control of RR Security. RR Security is great, and I appreciate them, but people need to understand that when they enter RR, they do not leave Mecklenburg County or the State of Virginia. I want these vandals caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And I want the fullest penalty possible for their parents( if they are minors), or for whoever let them in( if they are guests). I will be following up to make sure all legal paperwork has been filed with the Sheriffs office. For this latest incident on Friday 5/28/2021, that shut down 2 bath houses. Also, FB is not the proper way to report these incidents fully to the residents of RR. Most FB groups are private, and many people in RR are not on FB. Post all your crime reports on here also. This is a website that everyone has access to. There should really be a monthly public report of all vandalism and break-ins. More awareness helps reduce crime. Please keep us posted in the actions you have taken with this latest vandalism incident. Thank You— Erika Wildrick
TLMilligan

Vandalism and acts of lawlessness Empty Re: Vandalism and acts of lawlessness

Sun May 30, 2021 10:04 pm
After extensive review of camera footage, River Ridge Security was able to identify three suspects in the vandalism of the bathhouses. The matter is in the hands of Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Department.
Crimes are reported to the Sheriff’s Department. Although River Ridge has rules above and beyond the State laws, we all still come under State laws.

Anna B and erika1 like this post

erika1

Sun May 30, 2021 10:13 pm
Thank you for keeping us updated.
breezesocks

Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 am
Kudos to River Ridge Security and thank you. If these individuals are found guilty by the courts, what additional action can River Ridge take against them? Permanent expulsion from River Ridge does not seem too extreme to me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum