Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Willie Saunders

Mail Boxes  Empty Mail Boxes

Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:44 pm
I am asking for information that was discussed at the Board Meeting on October 10, 2020.
Connie stated that she has spoken with our attorney and the records show River Ridge paid for the cluster of boxes. She stated that she has not seen where the property owners paid for the only that river ridge did - She stated that our Attorney said because the boxes are on RR property and the checks to pay for those boxes is written out of a rr account, legally those boxes belong to RR. Connie needs to go back to the accounting and look where the funds came from to pay for the mail boxes - if enough research is done, the treasurer should have files that show the property owners paid RR for these boxes prior to the boxes being put on rr property.

I would like to see the letter that was received from the Attorney on this issue, I do not believe he was told all the facts and the main fact being that the property owners gave RR the money to pay for the boxes as the Post Master would not put the boxes in unless they were paid for and RR would not buy them until the individual property owners paid for them (RR)

If accounting records are kept up to date it should not be hard to tell who brought what box.

Pease advise when I can get a copy of this information
Connie Suddueth

Mail Boxes  Empty Re: Mail Boxes

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:54 am
Willie,
If a property owner currency is getting mail in a box then that box belongs to that property owner. Going forward as the post office lets us know that a box is empty and no mail is going to that box then River Ridge will take ownership of that box.
We are working with the post office now with 20 boxes that have been empty for almost a year. Once the audit is completed by the RR office and the post office then the Board will pay to have then rekeyed and decide what to do with them.
There is 35 property owners who live here looking for a box. If we get the 20 assigned then we can order another cluster for the rest.
I hope this help, if you have any more question please let me know.
Willie Saunders

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:17 pm
Thank you very much Connie! this makes more sense than what was posted in the minutes.
Connie Suddueth

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:38 pm
My pleasure! Glad to help
Willie Saunders

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:28 am
Excellent job on the mailboxes Connie! thank you so much for your hard work. I have noticed some negative comments about the rental fee but what people do not realize is that RR had to pay to have the locks re-keyed and this will be a great way to track the mailboxes for all. Thanks again
Sponsored content