Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Willie Saunders

Communications Empty Communications

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 pm
There is suppose to be a position for Communications - what I don't see is that the person in charge of Communications does not have any meetings to get the concerns of the residents.

If a meeting was held prior to the Board Meeting, a lot of questions could be addressed at the meeting instead of the property owners being put off until they check on it.

Communication is the key to this place and to have a good communications would be excellent for all Board Members and Property Owners

thank you
TLMilligan

Communications Empty Re: Communications

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am
Anne Singleton is the Board Member in charge of communication. I will make her aware of your concern. Thanks
Birdman

Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:55 am
Years ago I was appointed chairman of the Communications Committee and we would have communication meetings the day of the monthly board meeting. They were scheduled every month. A few folks would show up mostly year round property owners with concerns. There were times I sat there by myself for an hour and no one showed up. That is the reason I stopped having them. If 40 people showed up for a board meeting you could expect maybe 5 to show up and often times no one showed up.

When I was the Electrical Committee chairman overseeing the electrical upgrades in the camping sections for over 5 years we had monthly meetings after the board meeting. I sat there every month and 75% of the time no one ever showed up. Meetings are great for communication but it is a two way street. You often times have board members and committee chair's willing to communicate but sadly no one interested enough to give up there time to listen or voice their concerns. It takes a commitment from all parties to communicate.

Anna B likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum