Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Diane1774

Traffic on One Way Streets Empty Traffic on One Way Streets

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:00 pm
Any suggestions on what we can do to get people to follow the directional signs within the villages? It's getting ridiculous and dangerous. When I politely told a woman in a golf cart this weekend that she was going the wrong way (I was in my car trying to exit and had to go around her), she responded with "those one-way signs don't apply to golf carts". I understand that it's easier to just cut through, especially for short distances, but it's getting completely out of hand and dangerous as some of the golf carts seemingly come out of nowhere and there are several blind spots in each of the villages.
breezesocks

Traffic on One Way Streets Empty Re: Traffic on One Way Streets

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 am
Thank you for bringing this subject up.  This has become a huge problem in many areas of River Ridge and it is only a matter of time before there will be an accident where someone is hurt.  Please, Board of Directors, take some action on this. I realize this situation has probably been compromised due to the lack of a Tribunal but some relief is needed. Things have gotten way out of hand on ignoring one way streets.
TLMilligan

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:48 am
There are infraction tickets written for this. Property Owners bringing it to the violators attention is always appreciated. I also have gotten strange looks when I point out they are going the wrong way on a clearly posted one way street. This will be a subject at the upcoming Board meeting. Thanks
breezesocks

Traffic on One Way Streets Empty Traffic on one-way streets

Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:05 am
Thank you for being willing to carry this matter before the Board. Hopefully during the discussions it will be decided that "one-way" means "one-way" for all motorized means of travel (automobiles, motorcycles, and especially golf carts). The use of some cheap, well-placed trail cameras could easily identify violators and eliminate the need for Security to spend a lot of time patrolling. Whereas a property owner could probably not be issued an infraction based on camera footage, it would enable Security to easily identify specific streets where "two-way" traffic is consistent and patrolling/enforcement is needed most.
TLMilligan

Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:40 am
No problem and sorry it took so long to respond.

Terry
Diane1774

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:14 am
Thank you Terry for addressing this. I think the cameras are an excellent idea. However, if they aren't a viable option at this point, could we begin by installing additional directional signs, beyond the ones already in place at the major crossings, throughout the villages as reminders? This would also help eliminate the "I didn't know it was one-way" excuse as well.
Willie Saunders

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:11 pm
Keep in mind that some people have boats and with their vehicle and boat trailer they are not able to come in the one way street the right way - they have to come in the wrong way in order to put the boat on the lost.

I was appalled at Anne Singleton when she told me that I should not have bought the lot if I couldn't come in the right way to park it.

I have seen large trucks that come in and they directed by Alan Rhodes to come in the wrong way so they can drop the rock or whatever on the lot otherwise they wouldn't be able too.

I am not saying that people should not follow the one way streets, just that in some circumstances it can't be helped and consideration should be given to them when this occurs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum