Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Birdman

Tough Decisions Empty Tough Decisions

Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:56 am
We vote for and elect our Board of Directors as our leaders to make the everyday decisions relative to the operations of our common property and community. It is no different in our community than any other city, town or community where the leaders are elected to govern. They have to make the easy and the tough decisions and we hope they have the best interests of the entire community at heart. Once elected they have to live with and are responsible for the decisions they make.

Closing the common areas is a tough decision to make. You have some folks that are going to be upset like it is the end of the world and you will have some folks that understand we are in a no win situation. If they open the common areas and allow folks to congregate in large groups and have their way and someone gets sick and dies there will be no end to the paperwork and endless threat of lawsuits. Property owners will insist the BOD’s is negligent, uncaring and should have known better. By closing the common areas where folks congregate in large groups they are slowing the spread making it low risk and obviously some folks are going to be upset and not happy about it.

Oh sure we are all adults and you could argue that we can make our own decisions and should have the right to do so even if it puts folks at risk and in harms way. That is not the way it works. You can not always trust everyone to do the right thing and obey rules. They BOD’s are elected to make the tough decisions and to protect the association from itself at all costs. We as property owners gave up that right to make decisions when we purchased property here in RR and agreed to the terms and conditions of our governing documents giving the BOD’s authority to make decisions. It is a simple fact that if property owners were allowed to make decisions nothing would ever be agreed on and nothing would ever get done.

I read some folks stating they are threatening lawsuits against the Board of Directors. When I hear that I quite honestly I want to throw up a little in my shirt pocket. We the property owners are River Ridge. What part of that do people not understand? Regardless of your thoughts on the virus or decisions the BOD’s make, when lawsuits are filed against RR our attorney is required to defend the associations best interests. There is no magical fund that pays for frivolous defense of lawsuits. “We” the property owners pay for it all. You are in fact suing the property owners with out their permission. You certainly do not have my permission to waste my hard earned money ever.

You can not file a frivolous lawsuit against the Board of Directors or association for them making a conscientious, thought out decision that has the best interests and safety of the property owners at heart just because you personally do not agree with it.
I would not want to be in their shoes and understand both sides of the argument.

Be safe we will get through this.
breezesocks

Tough Decisions Empty Re: Tough Decisions

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 am
I agree that the BOD made a decision in which they cannot win, but they made the right decision.  It is easy to verbally threaten a lawsuit but few people are willing to pay a $10,000 retainer to have an attorney file such an action.  And if such action actually enters a courtroom, the costs to the plaintiff are unlimited with no promise that they will win or be able to recoup any of their costs.  We are all adults and we will survive without the pits, pool, clubhouse, etc. for a couple to weeks.   How about a nice quiet weekend with the family at River Ridge without any partying.  Now there is a unique idea.  BOD, I support you 1000 percent.  Stand tall.
TLMilligan

Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:10 pm
Thank you for your support. The BOD is trying to make informed and the right decisions at all times.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum