Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our children

+5
C collins
Robin Riggs
AnneSingleton
Katuramusselwhite
Afrosta
9 posters
Go down
Afrosta

Our children Empty Our children

Sun May 22, 2022 2:32 pm
I would like for our board to explain what they intend our children to have the playground is as old as I am it has not changed or been up dated since I first came here in 1990... Why are our lil ones not as important and your dance hall or golf course...and now because the BOD has failed us as their job is solely to uphold out Covenant they wish to take again if you think about it not from us but from our children( who are also the future or river Ridge as I once was a child here) by acting like children themselves " oh well you won't agree on tactic to without notice raise dues (because we failed to pay attention to the data imposed in the past) "we're gonna take your pool away"... Well it seems we may have come upon the time to gather those 300 votes as dismember our lovely BOD who seem to have absolutely no care for our children ( but I guarantee they will have a problem as our young adults run rapid due to no pool no game room yet the adults have a "game room"). I said I wouldn't do this as I am the unfortunate who already feels the effects of the board and I hadn't really said a word yet. I'm sure this will be removed and I'm sure the BOD will try an retaliate well I end on this statement what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I have nothing left to loose so my job is to stand up and fight for the people of River Ridge and The CHILDREN OF RIVER RIDGE. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE AS GREAT AS IT WAS FOR US FIR THEM AGAIN! NOT ONCE HAS OUR POOL NOT OPENED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS OR MERELY LACK OF A PROPER BOD THAT CAN DO THEIR JOB SUCCESSFULLY.

Angel Foster 55A

Last edited by Afrosta on Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Katuramusselwhite, drivewayman and Jennmarshburn like this post

Katuramusselwhite

Our children Empty Re: Our children

Sun May 22, 2022 7:51 pm
I agree sir. I’ve been saying shots gonna get messed up without anywhere for them to spend time. I guarantee there’s gonna be young adults on the docks swimming n messing up boats and swimming at drunk beach and getting themselves hurt. I don’t know who sees these messages but someone needs to be reading n taking notes. I’d like to hear if there’s a no vote. Exactly what is going to happen? 2/3 of votes have to be yes n I don’t think that’s gonna happen anymore.. I don’t think they realize what’s about to happen since they have not received any information from po about what we want n need. I think not opening the pool by the holiday weekend is going to make a lot vote no.. but other people need to realize they are pushing people like good ole Robert Frazier to quit the pool bc of being harassed so much about something he cannot control. I’m sure he wanted to open pool on time.. can someone tell me who said to not open the pool. Who is above Robert? Who does he answer to? The office people who run the money? I hope whoever makes these decisions are ready for shit to hit the fan…

Afrosta likes this post

AnneSingleton

Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm
I'm not sure exactly how to answer this post because I have been in RR since 1980 and definitely have seen the decline over the years. I know the playground needs repair, honestly it needs all the equipment replaced and more level grounds to make a safer environment. But, please don't think the dance hall or the pro shop are in any better condition because they are not. All the buildings in RR need updating. Maybe you should look inside these buildings and see for yourself how dilapidated they are, the playground is not alone! If you've been in here this long then you should know this community has always ran on the "put out fires" policy because of our shoestring budget. You can't create things to happen without the necessary funding.
As far as the pool goes, the BOD will make a decision after the vote on the 28th, currently we do not have the funding to open. People need to understand that RR payroll went up this year and is going to go up for the next four years because of federally mandated wage increases but nobody wants to hear it! Also inflation has caused everything to go up and our community needs more money to survive, just like you do at your household. We've always operated at a bare minimum that is why nothing has been updated and now that we are at 250.00 dues it's impossible to manage the park efficiently, even at 710.00 we couldn't make it anymore. Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

Anne

Anna B likes this post

Katuramusselwhite

Mon May 23, 2022 10:31 am
I understand we can’t make it on 250$ how did it get this bad? Everyone was telling the bod that the 1,200 increase in the first vote wasn’t gonna work correct? But the bod did that vote anyway. Right? So honestly I blame the bod for failing the first vote and many people do. So having the second vote after bod have said we have NO money. But it’s put in the minutes where their are three accounts with plenty to money to open the pool ontime. By not doing so are making people rethink their yes vote. U take things away from people and kids that we’ve had since the beginning of river ridge to try to make a statement is not a good idea. Can we not use any of the total 1.3 million dollars in those accounts? They could have asked for volunteers way earlier to get pool open for one of the busiest holidays of the summer. Imagine coming here every holiday n all of a sudden no pool for all the kids n teens.. the bod are to blame for this big mess. They are not running river ridge like they care about the po. Now if the delapidation of all buildings is so bad, why were they not kept up through out the many many years? I’m don’t telling anyone there gonna get river ridge in a whole heck of trouble. I’m not trying to convince the bod to do the right thing. Ima sit back. Watch the bod fail river ridge. I’m very disappointed they won’t listen to po. If there is a no vote will there even have bod members anymore? And when they get a no it’s not our fault they have failed us by making bad decisions like the first vote with the amount of 1,200$ but I guess we have the money to do this second vote..good luck every one. I hope y’all get the yes vote for our community sake.
Robin Riggs

Mon May 23, 2022 2:50 pm
I normally try to stay out of these things but this has me really upset in the way this was all handled. So many people were going to vote yes until they did not open the pool now they can forget it from what I hear now it is going to be a no vote again. I also wonder if the $400 assessment was for the electrical and was paid for 10 years and was only suppose to be 5 well for them 10 years dues were only $250 now that the assessment is gone and it is $250 now we can't make it. What that tells me is the whole $400 was not used for what it was suppose to be for. Now don't get me wrong I know we need more money I just don't get how it is all of the sudden a problem as soon as the assessment is gone. And keeping the pool closed was not the way to do it what about the people who have already rented campsites up front they are thinking the pool is going to be open I tell you what if I had rented one and got here to no pool someone would be giving me my money back. Ya'll have messed them up now it is to late to even try to go somewhere else and no one is going to rent here all summer with no pool more money lost. But I will say this you can about bet it will be a no vote again and the main reason is because the pool was not open one big mistake there. So many people have told me they were going to vote yes until the pool did not open and they are feeling like it is being done to try and push for the yes votes but it has done the exact opposite. SMH. Like I said in the beginning I normally stay out of this stuff but enough is enough and I have 3 very upset grandkids they don't have a pool to get in this weekend.
AnneSingleton

Mon May 23, 2022 4:29 pm
Robin,

Part of the User Fee for the electrical upgrade had been used to run River Ridge from its first year of inception, it has been told many times over to property owners. It was 100% needed last year just to keep the park a float even though our electrical upgrades were complete. We couldn't run on the 250.00 way back in the day, so yes with the assessment money gone for the first time it is an immediate problem. There is not enough money to open the pool, the BOD was told this directly from the Treasurer, and if there's no money, there's no money. We can't use volunteers for insurance liability reasons. We can't take from our already underfunded reserves, which by law we are supposed to have 1,500,000 and that was from a study done in 2011, we are way past our five year term for review and now it's probably much more. We don't like this situation either, hopefully next weekend all goes well and we can move forward with a plan. But to say we won't agree to an increase because the pool didn't open for Memorial Day weekend is counterproductive, and certainly not the direction to move our community forward.

Thanks and I hope this helps clear up your questions.

Anne

Anna B and rdenney like this post

C collins

Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 pm
If there were no funds that is what the BOD members should have advised property owners at the last 2 BOD meetings. Saying one thing and then doing another only continues to erode the trust by property owners. I understand if there were no funds but that is what should have been said.
ChrisNelly

Mon May 23, 2022 7:51 pm
The Board has been explaining that there would be a lack of funds back when they first had open discussion meeting about the dues increase. Unfortunately people took that as bullying people into voting a certain way and its just the facts. Like any other operational budgets, things have to be cut according to what can be afforded. Just because theres money in an account doesnt mean you can spend it all willie nillie , thats bad for business as that money is allotted for items in the budget already.

Anna B likes this post

Katuramusselwhite

Mon May 23, 2022 8:00 pm
Not everyone can attend board meeting. How about the bod put out a statement on grapevine open discussion to get opinions from property owners who can’t attend the meetings. Bc then ur pretty much discussing things among their selves and only a few po..there’s so much they could do to include everyone. But if u can’t attend a meeting you don’t get to talk or voice opinion.. or hear what they say until the minutes are posted a month or two later. Or u get to hear rumors
George Powell

Mon May 23, 2022 8:06 pm
I would like for An Explanation of why money can be found to keep the Golf Course Open , and Don't Use The Excuse That It Pays For Itself !! Could The Unwritten Answer We Have More Leverage By Keeping The Pool Closed To Get Our Yes Vote?? George Powell
C collins

Mon May 23, 2022 8:56 pm
ChrisNelly wrote:The Board has been explaining that there would be a lack of funds back when they first had open discussion meeting about the dues increase. Unfortunately people took that as bullying people into voting a certain way and its just the facts.  Like any other operational budgets, things have to be cut according to what can be afforded. Just because theres money in an account doesnt mean you can spend it all willie nillie , thats bad for business as that money is allotted  for items in the budget already.
the board was asked and they advised it would be open for the holiday weekend. If that was not the case man up and say so. Don’t give an answer that you know not to be true.
Katuramusselwhite

Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 pm
To Ann singleton. Certain people keep saying that the property owners are informed on information that I’m very unaware of. Where is this information being released to the property owners? A lot of us are totally in the dark on a lot of things going on around here. The explanation u just gave about the volunteers and insurance of pool would have been good to know from the bod before people wanted to volunteer. As for only information being released at the board meetings are fine n all except how many people attend board meetings? Po cannot be expected to attend in order to get information. If ur gonna say it’s in the minutes they get released a month or two late. Didn’t there used to be a statement from the bod sent out every month? Maybe you could speak to the board members about putting a statement on the grapevine every other week updating po of any information and new happenings that way we as property owners can comment back with questions, concerns, or ideas on how to help river ridge and the bod? Would this be possible? Maybe limit one question or two to each member. The bod n the po need to communicate so we’re getting the right info and not getting upset about timers and such. Also it would make it seem like the bod and people running certain projects care about the property owners. At least it would let po not get bad information. I’m getting to the point where I’m frustrated and upset with all of river ridge. Bc I don’t know what is going on one day to the next. I found out Robert Frazier resigned from timers.. would it not be more professional and informative truthfully if there was a message sent out on grapevine informing people of this and what needs to happen next. Just a suggestion bc after the vote if something doesn’t change I might sell. Bc this place is becoming very stressful.
AnneSingleton

Tue May 24, 2022 10:59 am
I understand it can be frustrating trying to get current information on what is happening in River Ridge, unfortunately we can't publish items from the board meeting until they are approved the following month. The board may be able to post updates of stuff on the Grapevine home page but it won't be a place you can ask questions. I will talk with them and see what ideas we can come up!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Anne
Katuramusselwhite

Tue May 24, 2022 4:15 pm
Thank you.
RR_man

Tue May 24, 2022 4:17 pm
Anne - one user in the above thread makes a very good point and one that I have been wondering as well. If RR has over $1 million in cash and equivalent accounts, why can't some of those funds be used?

You mentioned later in your response and I quote "We can't take from our already underfunded reserves, which by law we are supposed to have 1,500,000 and that was from a study done in 2011, we are way past our five year term for review and now it's probably much more. "

What 5-year term for review are you referencing? Also, who decided that RR needs $1.5M in reserves to operate a home owner association? I would like to better understand this.

I appreciate your response in advance.

Thanks again
AnneSingleton

Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 pm
Hello,

As a POA we are required to have reserves, this is a law. Associations are required to have a reserve study done to ensure your community has enough money set aside for the required repairs, replacements, and to restore capital components. The last reserve study done was in 2011 and at that time River Ridge was required to have 1,500,000.00 in reserves. We are required to have this study done every five years which is now 11 years overdue. Since we did not have the study in 2016, we must now start over with a comprehensive study to the tune of 9,100.00. We don't have a choice in the matter.
Of course we have nowhere near what we are required to have, and I have no doubt the required reserves are going to be much higher then they were in 2011.

Hope this answers your question!

Anne
Toniatwo

Our children Empty Anne, what happens if we don’t have reserves? Can they condemn the place, do we pay a penalty to county? Just wondering how it works.

Wed May 25, 2022 9:18 am
AnneSingleton wrote:Hello,

As a POA we are required to have reserves, this is a law.  Associations are required to have a reserve study done to ensure your community has enough money set aside for the required repairs, replacements, and to restore capital components. The last reserve study done was in 2011 and at that time River Ridge was required to have 1,500,000.00 in reserves.   We are required to have this study done every five years which is now 11 years overdue.  Since we did not have the study in 2016, we must now start over with a comprehensive study to the tune of 9,100.00.  We don't have a choice in the matter.
Of course we have nowhere near what we are required to have, and I have no doubt the required reserves are going to be much higher then they were in 2011.    

Hope this answers your question!

Anne
AnneSingleton

Wed May 25, 2022 2:13 pm
Honestly I'm not exactly sure what the consequences would be for not having the proper reserves amount, and I hope we never find out. This would probably be best for legal council to answer, I just hope we wouldn't lose our campground permit.

Thanks,

Anne
Afrosta

Thu May 26, 2022 7:29 pm
I would like to say thank you to Anne for taking the time to communicate the concerns were having. I did not see any other board members taking any action to justify the threat to take the pool privileges away all the way down to the point they denied a group of volunteers willing to clean, open, and operate the pool. I would imagine the board should of expected a neg reaction to trying to punish us for exercising our membership right of voting. Hopefully a lesson may have been learned that abrupt due increases with expectations that we will just obey is not what “our community” “association “ is about. Good and proper decisions take a lil time and thought and the board needs to remember we work better as a unit and without the majority decision of us the “members” not a single choice they make will ever matter without us. Again Anne your longevity in the community shows and I appreciate your time and commitment.
A Foster-
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum